Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Vault 2014 from Autocad 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
IDTman101
291 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot access Vault 2014 from Autocad 2014

My company is currently using the Product Design Suite 2014, we use Inventor, AutoCAD (mechanical, electrical), and the Vault on a daily basis. This is a new switch for us from Solid Edge and AutoCAD LT, so we have installed the licenses on a few of our computers only. All is great except but for one computer, which was installed incorrectly the first time. ( installed as single user license instead of network. This person could not get the license to work and decided to use the product under a trial for 30 days, then told me the program was not working anymore - intern problems.) Anyway, after numorous attempts to fix the license from single to network, I realized I was not an IT professional and decided to reinstall the programs that did not work. This included the AutoCAD programs only, the Inventor and Vault continued to work fine after fixing the license problem. After reinstalling just the AutoCAD, I realized that I had somehow broken the link between AutoCAD and the Vault. The Vault ribbon appears but it shows nothing in the ribbon and I can no longer access it through AutoCAD. Need guidance asap. I have attached a snapshot of what I am seeing from AutoCAD. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LakshmiRams
in reply to: IDTman101

Hi, 

As you have installed Vault prior to installing AutoCAD, Vault components are not installed for AutoCAD. You need to add/remove 'AutoCAD Addin'.

Control panel->Programs and Features->Select Vault->uninstall/change->Add/Remove Features->Choose AutoCAD Addin.

Hope this helps,

Lakshmi

Lakshmi Rams
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report