Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Log Into Vault within Inventor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nsulli15
585 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot Log Into Vault within Inventor

When I get latest versions of files from Vault Explorer and then open them in Inventor, the vault status of the files in the Inventor browser shows a triangle with an exclaimation mark inside of it. When I move my mouse over the status icon, it says "vault not open". There is no response when I try to log into the Vault within Inventor.

I upgraded from 2009 to 2010 Inventor and Vault two weeks ago. Everything worked fine until today. Vault Explorer seems to be working fine. The ADMS console seems to also be working fine. I can do all the routine tasks in both programs. The problem is only in Inventor.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nick
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.laidler
in reply to: nsulli15

Do you have a 'Vault Project File' set to active?
John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 5
nsulli15

Yes, my project file is the latest version from vault and it is the active project file.

Here is a little bit of additional information:

- I can log into vault from within Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Other people in our group can log into Vault with Inventor on their pc's.
Message 4 of 5
john.laidler

You need to verify the project file is a 'Vault' not 'Single User' project file.
Also, was Vault installed 'after' Inventor was installed?
John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 5 of 5
nsulli15

The problem is fixed. I went to Tools/Add-Inns/ and right clicked in the menu. The "Show Hidden Members" appeared and I clicked it. This made "EDM Addin" visible in the list of add-ins. After loading it, I was able to log into Vault within Inventor. Everything works fine now!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report