Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Inventor 2013 to Vault 2014

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
karthur1
2165 Views, 7 Replies

Can't connect Inventor 2013 to Vault 2014

Just upgraded my ADMS from 2013 to 2014.  Also, on the client machine, removed Vault client 2013 and installed Vault client 2014.  Now when I start Inventor, the Vault add-in does not load.

I thought that Inventor 2013 would work with any Vault client 2013 or higher.

I have tried repair and reinstall on the Vault client, but that did not help.  My Inventor 2013 is at SP2.  Vault 2014 works just fine, I just do not have the vault addin for Inventor.

What am I missing?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Lancasterm
in reply to: karthur1

When the (vault client) installed occurred, was the Inventor/Vault addin selected?

Message 3 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: Lancasterm

This is what I get during the install.

2013-07-02_1404.png

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

you have to keep the 2013 vault client installed to keep using inventor 2013 with vault 2014

the vault 2014 client does not install previous versions of the add in

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren,

I just installed the Vault client 2013.  Now when I start Inventor, the addin loads and I get the Vault browser and I can check-in/check-out (it is loading the 2013 client, btw).  Problem is when I go to File > Open from Vault, I get a CER and Inventor closes. 😞

Kirk

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

do you have service pack 1 installed for vault 2013 client?

this might be a .net 4.5 issue since 2014 installs this which sp1 for vault 2013 does fix

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

there is also an update 1 to vault 2013 sp 1

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21957393&linkID=9261341

from the read me:

For very large assemblies, invoking Vault dialogs can result in an out of memory
condition and an Inventor crash.

maybe this is whats happening?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
karthur1

Darren,

Already had DotNet4.5 installed.  Installed the SP1 (Update 1) and File>Open from Vault works now without a crash.

Dont really like having both 2013 and 2014 clients installed. But I can live with that till I get Inventor 2014 up and going.

Thanks,

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report