Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't assign item to an assembly - Error 1404

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
491 Views, 4 Replies

Can't assign item to an assembly - Error 1404

I'm trying to assign an item number to an assembly file and all I get is Error 1404 - "Item revision could not be retrieved. Please refresh and try again." Refreshing doesn't help. Can anyone shed some light on this?
TIA.
-Randy
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
joyce_sheng
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Randy,

Have you tried on different file or on another vault? Could you share more information about the assemby you used?

Regards,
Joyce

Joyce Sheng
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Randy,

By now, you've probably worked around this issue. However, whenever this happens to me, I have had to manually drill down through the BOM tree ("where used" tab) of whatever file I'm trying to assign an item to until I find which specific file is causing the issue, then I will open it in Inventor, check it out, rebuild it, and check it back in. Typically this will get me past this error. Granted, it is truly a pain in the you-know-what though!

Scott
Message 4 of 5
steveh3

Not sure if this will work for everyone....but here's my solution....I'm 3 for 3 so far....
Here's what I did...

1) We went into the .iam in INV and in the iproperties/Ocurrence Tab and changed the BOM Structure on one of the components to "Reference".

2) I then "Checked In" the assembly.

3) Next, Updated or Assigned the file in VM2010.

4) By doing this, it gets thru the error 1404.

5) I then go back into the INV and change the component back to "Default" and check it back in.

6) Update the item in VM2010 and jaula...it's fixed.

7) Have had three assemblies so far that it fixes by using this procedure.

Makes no sense....but it has some success.

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 5 of 5
MaxU77
in reply to: steveh3

We quite often get this error on Items assigned to members of iAssy. The only member that don't suffer - the active one.

For that cases <temporary change BOM structure to reference followed by check-in of updated members> method doesn't help.

That same files to the new vault have no problems with assigning item. That means it happen only to modified items.

Any ideas on how to solve this (other than switch to each-and-every member and update item for particular member one at a time which indeed isn't guarantee solution)?

MaxU77,
AI2011 Certified Associate
(Soft: PDSU2012, VP2012&VP2013)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report