Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not upgrade from ADMS 2010 SP 2 to 2011

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
anandax
894 Views, 7 Replies

Can not upgrade from ADMS 2010 SP 2 to 2011

System:
Vault 2010 SP2
Windows 2008 SP2

Hi,

I want to upgrade Vault 2010 to 2011.
ADMS System Check tells me, that a not compatibly dabaseversion was found, a migration is not possible.
Someone an idea why it is not possible to update vault 2010?

vlog-protocol (german version!):

07.11.2010 00:19:40 ==================================================================
07.11.2010 00:19:40 Protokollierung gestartet: Basisserver-Version 14.2.71.0
07.11.2010 00:19:40 ==================================================================
07.11.2010 00:19:40 *******************************************************************
Fehler: Die Verbindung zur Datenbank wurde unterbrochen. Vorgang wird erneut ausgeführt. (In english: the connection was broken...
Ausnahme: Fehler (error) auf Übertragungsebene beim Senden der Anforderung an den Server. (provider: Shared Memory-Provider, error: 0 - Die Pipe wird gerade geschlossen (The pipe is just closed).)
Stacktrace:    bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteTransactionManagerRequest(Byte[] buffer, TransactionManagerRequestType request, String transactionName, TransactionManagerIsolationLevel isoLevel, Int32 timeout, SqlInternalTransaction transaction, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransactionYukon(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String transactionName, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransaction(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String name, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.BeginSqlTransaction(IsolationLevel iso, String transactionName)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso, String transactionName)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso)
   bei Connectivity.Core.Database.TransactionContext..ctor(TransactionDatabase A_0, DatabaseUser A_1, Boolean A_2)
   bei Connectivity.Core.Database.TransactionBase.SetupTransactionContext(TransactionReqs transactionReqs, TransactionDatabase database, Nullable`1 databaseUser)
   bei u..ctor(ServiceMessage A_0)
   bei Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.ServiceManagmentSink.a(ServiceMessage A_0)
   bei Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.ServiceManagmentSink.b(ServiceMessage A_0)

Regards Jakob

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
anandax
in reply to: anandax

Addition:  I have no problems to upgrade from Vault 2010 SP1. It seems, that SP2 of Vault 2010 prevents the installation. I have used Vault 2011 R1 for installation.

Message 3 of 8
spascual

Hi Sir,

I assume that you have only uninstalled ADMS 2010 and are trying to install ADMS 2011.

Well, ADMS 2011 is not compatible with the SQL version that ADMS 2010 installs (SQL 2005 Express).

So, you must migrate the SQL too. SQL that is insatalled by ADMS 2011 is Express 2008 SP1.

You can see the procedure on ADMS 2011 advanced configuration guide.

Regards

Message 4 of 8
danner-knosp
in reply to: spascual

Actually we have SQL Standard 2008 SP1  and Vault 2010 SP2. For testing i have a virtual machine with vault 2010 SP1 and Vault 2010 SP2. Update from Vault 2010 SP1 is possible, but not from Vault 2010 SP2.

When I uninstall Vault 2010 SP1 before Vault 2011 the problem occurs too.

Message 5 of 8
spascual
in reply to: danner-knosp

Are you uninstalling the SQL??? I assume that No.

Please, could you lunch an inquiry to AutodeskVault instance in order to know exactly which SQL version are you using.

With management studio, lunch....

SELECT  SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

Is it possible that database have not been migrated after ADMS SP2 was installed????

Is it possible a language incompatible migration issue????

Have you restart server after uninstall adms????

Have you performed a completly uninstall of ADMS??? register, windows folders,...

I can help you remotely via teamviewer.

Message 6 of 8
anandax
in reply to: spascual

Sorry for the post with different accounts. In my last post i was logged with the official subscription account.

which SQL version are you using.

SQL version: 10.0.2531.0 (That is SP1)

Is it possible that database have not been migrated after ADMS SP2 was installed????

No, after Update i have migrated. Otherwise you you have no possibility to use vault.

Is it possible a language incompatible migration issue????

I don't think so. I have downloaded the correct language version in my subscription center.

Have you restart server after uninstall adms????

Yes, for testing i uninstalled ADMS und restarted the server. Normally it ist not necessary to uninstall ADMS 2010.

While installation of ADMS 2011 the setup-routine uninstall automaically the previos version.

Have you performed a completly uninstall of ADMS??? register, windows folders,..

No. I think that it is a problem of the databaseversion.With Vault 2010 SP 1 I have no problems!

I can help you remotely via teamviewer.

Nice, but the VM have no internet access and it is not easy to change this.

Message 7 of 8
paul.gunn

Hi,

Vault 2011 server installation has some issues with recognizing service pack versions created after the product was released. I believe the following workaround should address your issue - it is addressing a different symptom but the underlying cause (and solution) should be the same:

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2010/09/replication-vault-2011-adding-a-new-sit...

Paul Gunn

Message 8 of 8
anandax
in reply to: paul.gunn

@paul.gunn: Thank you. That solves my problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report