Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get past Prechecks with a reboot

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4530 Views, 10 Replies

Can not get past Prechecks with a reboot

Trying to load Vault Pro on my laptop, and everytime it goes into precheck, it is telling me I need to reboot. I've rebooted, and rebooted, and tried loading SQL 2008 after removing SQL 2005 to see if maybe there was an issue there. I've google a reason for it, and it returned a registy key, but i cleared that key and Vault still requires a reboot.

At this point, i'd love to know either what needs rebooting, or skip the prechecks all together.

here's the log

Verifying that a reboot is not pending. The machine needs to be rebooted before successful installation. Please reboot your machine and then install .
Failure
Checking Operating System Caption=Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition
CSDVersion=Service Pack 2
OSLanguage=1033
OSProductSuite=256
OSType=18
ProductType=1
ServicePackMajorVersion=2
ServicePackMinorVersion=0
SuiteMask=272
Version=5.2.3790

Successful
Checking for correct version of Internet Explorer Internet Explorer version found on this machine = 8.0.6001.18702

Successful
Checking for a Proxy Server
Successful
Validating Performance Counters
Successful
Checking port 80 for availability
Does not apply.
Validating that IIS Anonymous User Account is set up correctly Anonymous user "IUSR_DONOVANCOX04" found.
Successful
Validating that IIS Anonymous Authentication on IIS is set up correctly
Successful
Validating IIS .Net settings
Successful
Checking for additional IIS ISAPI filters
Successful
Checking IIS directory paths IIS website Default Web Site root directory = c:\inetpub\wwwroot

Successful
Determining IIS website Default Web Site Internet address(es). IIS website Default Web Site server bindings = :80:

Successful
Check IIS connection time out. The IIS connection time out is :900.

Successful
Checking ASP Status Accessing a static file through the http protocol has passed. Test ASPX was able to successfully create a temporary file. ASP Status Check Web Service Call has passed.
Successful
Check permissions of the account used by ASP.NET.
Successful
Checking SQL Server 'DONOVANCOX04\AUTODESKVAULT' The database instance "AUTODESKVAULT" was not found.

Successful
Checking for existing Vaults with a remote FileStore
Does not apply.
Validating that this host name can be resolved on the local network Server hostname as known by DNS = DONOVANCOX04.
Server is resolved to following IP Addresses by the DNS:

Successful
Checking for known firewall Setup has detected a firewall is present on this system. Please adjust the settings on your firewall to allow network http access to this computer on port 80.
Warning
Check administrative account creation.
Successful

Exceptions
Title Message
Exception Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Check to see if Windows Automatic Update has a pending install. If there is a problem and it can't install it will keep trying and you get the reboot flag.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Nope, no luck with that, it still comes up

This is holding me back though, i may need to reload ADMS 2010 so I can get to my files again
Message 4 of 11
ryan

In the edmPreChecks directory, there will be a file called ScriptTool.exe.config. Open the file in Notepad and search for the following line; checkname class="RebootNeeded" /

Note: The text string above is actually wrapped in brackets but I had to leave them out of my post in order to prevent it from being interpreted as XML code.

Obviously, you should use the above only after you have tried the resolution steps as provided by the installer as this would be a "Brute Force" method. After encountering the same issue on a few occassions, trial and error led me to the above solution!

-Ryan

Ryan Small
SolidCAD Edited by: ryan on Apr 26, 2010 11:59 PM
Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

We will check there Registry paths for rebooting in Vault 2011 Server.

1) Key: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager, Value:
PendingFileRenameOperations
2) Key: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\FileRenameOperations
3) Key:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto
Update\RebootRequired

All of them should be empty or null.

Irvin

ryan wrote:
> In the edmPreChecks directory, there will be a file called ScriptTool.exe.config. Open the file in Notepad and search for the following line; checkname class="RebootNeeded" /
>
> Note: The text string above is actually wrapped in brackets but I had to leave them out of my post in order to prevent it from being interpreted as XML code.
>
> Obviously, you should use the above only after you have tried the resolution steps as provided by the installer as this would be a "Brute Force" method. After encountering the same issue on a few occassions, trial and error led me to the above solution!
>
> -Ryan
>
> Ryan Small
> SolidCAD
>
> Edited by: ryan on Apr 26, 2010 11:59 PM
Message 6 of 11
Elbowroom

I am getting this same problem but with Windows Server 2003. I have tried all of the above but I really don't understand the:

" In the edmPreChecks directory, there will be a file called ScriptTool.exe.config. Open the file in Notepad and search for the following line; checkname class="RebootNeeded" / "

I found this but then what? I deleted the line(s) (it shows up twice) and it did not work. I do not find all these registry entries in Server 2003.

Any other ideas? What a pain...
Message 7 of 11
soldanr

I have not had any luck. My installation will not go thru at all on windows server 2008 R2.
I am not sure why there is a reboot required pre-check to install Vault.

Registry was cleared, tried the xml edit trick and it fails the installation.
Contacted product support and they did a copy and paste of this post. 😞

If anybody has a fix I will be happy to get this going?
Best,
Raf
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

If "reboot required" is the only problem area listed, the installation can be continued by simply killing the "ScriptTool.Exe" process 🙂

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I have tried this, but it doesn't seem to work for me. The install continues but fails. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Now I got it.

Empty data values in the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro​l\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

Then install Vault, kill the scripttool as mentioned in previous answer if needed.

Message 11 of 11
lucmartzz
in reply to: Elbowroom

I have just deleted all the checkname class="RebootNeeded"  and worked fine. It appears more than two times... check carefully

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report