Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access vault from within Inventor

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
ro01
2378 Views, 19 Replies

Can not access vault from within Inventor

We recently upgraded from Inventor 2011 and vault 2011 to Inventor 2012 and Vault 2012. I am running 64 bit windows 7, I am not able to open from, save to, check in or check out from vault while in Inventor. I have no problems while in Autocad doing any vault commands. The vault add-in inside of Inventor is loaded. We have tried uninstalling Vault Client and reinstalling. Not sure what else to try.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
CelticDesignServices
in reply to: ro01

ro01,

Let's start with the obvious, do you have a Vault tab on the Inventor ribbon menu?

If so, is only the "log in" icon highlighted?

If yes, you need to log into Vault from within Inventor. Then make sure you have the correct project selected and active.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 3 of 20
luttena

Hello,

Do you have a Vault ipj active? If you have a non-Vault ipj active, the Vault commands are not available.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 20
ro01
in reply to: CelticDesignServices

I should have said that. Yes my project file is set to the vault project, and I am loged into vault inside of Inventor, and the connection status says I am connected.

Message 5 of 20
ro01

Also the "Go to Vault" and "Log Out" buttons are the only buttons not greyed out on the Vault tab.

Message 6 of 20
luttena

That's interesting. All of your symptoms point to having a non-Vault project file active in your project editor. If you don't have a Vault add-in active, you can still see the Vault buttons but they are all grayed out.

If you want, showing a screen capture of your project editor might help confirm.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 20
ro01
in reply to: luttena

Here is a group of screen shots showing the active project, the vault controls locked out, and what add-ins are active in Inventor. Thanks for the help

Message 8 of 20
ro01

My workspace is set to the X:\work because our computers are setup to have the local drive with the operating system on it frozen. The X: drive is a local partition that is not frozen.

Message 9 of 20
luttena

Thanks for the clarification. Have you mapped the project file to Vault folders yet?

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 20
ro01

I am not sure what you mean. The project file was mapped when it was autoloaded into the vault last year. Do I need to remap it after upgrading?

Message 11 of 20
luttena

Nope. That should be fine.

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 20
ro01

I believe I have solved the issue. Its seems to be a registry error. Thank you for your help.

Message 13 of 20
tarrynd

Hi There

I have this same issue and I was wondering what were the steps that you took to correct your resgistry error?

Tarryn

Message 14 of 20
ro01

I am sorry I don't remember the exact process, our Autodesk Vendor assisted us. I believe we deleted the Inventor and Vault directories out of the registry and let the applications rebuild the registry. I don't remember if there was another step.

Good luck

Message 15 of 20
tarrynd

Thank you very much for the reply.

Tarryn

Message 16 of 20
DannyvanDuijn2
in reply to: tarrynd

I'm having the same issue.

All addins are loaded, even the hidden EDM and I have the Vault project file active.

Does anyone knows which registry keys must be adjusted /deleted?

Thanks

Danny van Duijn

Message 17 of 20

Danny,

I have just ran into the same problem. Did you resolve this? How did you do it?

Thanks for some help.

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 18 of 20
ro01

I believe what we did was delete the Inventor folder from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk in the registry. Then when you start Inventor it will rebuild the registry correctly so it can communicate with Vault. Unfortunately this will remove any custom settings you may have done in Inventor. Remember to backup the the Inventor directory before you delete it just incase you are deleting the wrong folder.

Good Luck

Message 19 of 20
Doug_DuPont

I found my problem,

In Inventor I when to the Addin's Panel, Right clicked and "Show Hidden Menbers"

The EDM Addin needed to be restarted.

Now Why this is a Hidden Addin I don't know? It is the only 1 that is Hidden?

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 20 of 20

Hi Doug,

I did not solve it. The workstation was reinstalled (including OS) to solve several (performance) problems.

Of course this issue was resolved after the reinstall. 

Danny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report