Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a vault

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
grobbarg
416 Views, 3 Replies

Building a vault

Hi all,

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction on how to build a new Vault from scratch, i.e...

The hardware required (CPU, Hard disks & RAID, memory etc)

Software required i.e... Operating system, SQL versions, vault version etc.

Estimated No. of users: 10-20

I've been using vault client for years, however most companies I have been contracted to never seem to have a reliable and fast Vault set-up - I'd like to get a better understanding of how the underlying system works.

Whilst I can appreciate it's not the easiest thing to set-up, and other factors outwith the vault will affect performance I can't believe it's impossible  to set up a good system.

TIA for any guidance.

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013
Win7 x64
Dell Precision T7400
Xeon X5460 @ 3.16GHz
8GB RAM
Quadro FX 1700 512MB
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: grobbarg

Message 3 of 4
grobbarg
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks Chris,

Those are some useful pointers. I started the ball rolling and pretty quickly felt out of my comfort zone installing SQL server 2012 and Vault refusing to install with port 80 warnings! - I will however persevere....

Graham

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013
Win7 x64
Dell Precision T7400
Xeon X5460 @ 3.16GHz
8GB RAM
Quadro FX 1700 512MB
Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: grobbarg

I was out of my zone as well... thankfully I have an IT group to fall back on for the server side of things, while I've been focusing on the Client side and setting up our lifecycles and ECO and such.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report