Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for storing drawing templates for Inventor & Autocad in vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jason.dent
895 Views, 2 Replies

Best Practice for storing drawing templates for Inventor & Autocad in vault

Hi,

How can i store drawing template files in vault and still map them within the relevant program settings?

Thanks,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jason.dent

Hi Jason,

For Inventor files, youll need to modify the project (.ipj) to reflect a location that is local and relative to your workspace. Create a Library folder in Vault, and store the templates in that folder. Note that you may need to temporarily turn off the disable check in of design files option in Tools>Administration. Finally, perform a Get of the new .ipj and the Template to each users machine. For a more detailed look, see my blog post:

http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/blogs/blog/view/5/Securing_Company_CAD_Standards_with_Vault/

Hope this helps.

Brian Schanen | Customer Success Engineer | Data Management

From: jason.dent@isolatedsystems.com [mailto:jason.dent@isolatedsystems.com]

Posted At: Thursday, November 19, 2009 06:19

Posted To: autodesk.vault

Conversation: Best Practice for storing drawing templates for Inventor & Autocad in vault

Subject: Best Practice for storing drawing templates for Inventor & Autocad in vault

Hi,

How can i store drawing template files in vault and still map them within the relevant program settings?

Thanks,

Jason

Message 3 of 3
jason.dent
in reply to: jason.dent

Brian,

Thank you for your response. I suspected I would need to do something along those lines.

I will try and set this up tonight.

Thanks,

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report