Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch plotting Viualizations-Item Master

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cbenner
449 Views, 5 Replies

Batch plotting Viualizations-Item Master

Hey,

Is there any way to batch plot a group of individual Item Visualizations... for example a series on one page Autocad files from different locations in Item Master?  I want to plot them with the watermark, and so far I can only see to do them one page at a time.  When sending them to a .pdf that is a lengthy process.... print to .pdf, add that sheet to the main .pdf.... etc.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
olearya
in reply to: cbenner

Hey Chris,

Have you tried using a pdf plotter via batch plot command?  You should be able to add sheets from a number of Items, add your own watermark (custom or tied to their Vault status) and perhaps depending on the pdf writer you should be able to append to one file.

Let me know if you have issue with this.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: olearya

Allen,

I'm finally messing with this again.... I've gotten to where I can batch plot to pdf... but it still creates one pdf for each item, I'd like it to go to ONE single pdf file containing all of the drawings.  Haven't quite figured out how to hget the watermark on them yet either.

Message 4 of 6
cbenner

Ok, I got the watermarks and such... but it still plots each drawing to an individual pdf.  This is with Autocad drawings from an Acad Electrical project.  Inventor drawings will work just fine since they plot as a sheet set.  If this cannot be done, it will go directly into the Idea Station.  🙂

Message 5 of 6
olearya

Hey Chris, 

Add this to ideastation so we can investigate further.

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report