Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Plot Error - AutoCAD application cannot be found on your computer

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jdow
1508 Views, 12 Replies

Batch Plot Error - AutoCAD application cannot be found on your computer

In Vault Collaboration 2012 and Vault Pro 2012 with an AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 client and the back patch added we are receiving the following error each time i try to use the Batch Plot command from within Vault client:

None of the files could be added due to processging problems. Please examine details...

This file was created with AutoCAD.  The application cannot be found on your computer, or there are some issues with it.

(see attached image file)

VaultBatchPlotError.jpg

Installation order:

• AutoCADM 2011
  • Update 1
  • Update 2
  • Vault Addin for 2011 (backpatch)
  • Vault Pro (or Collaboration) 2012 Client (without any additional CAD or Office Addins)
  • Update 1 (on both server and clients)

I have also tried a repair on the Vault client, Vault Addin for 2011 and DWG TrueView.

I've also tried DWG TrueView and Design Review 2011 and 2012 without any luck.

Any ideas?

John

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: jdow

Hi John,

If you have SP1 for Vault Collaboration 2012 installed you should not be seeing this issue. Since the Hotfix http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17558055&linkID=9261341 is part of SP1.

Anyway could you please check the version of "Connectivity.Request.ExtensionHandler.Autocad.dll" file under the Vault Collaboration 2012 install folder. The version should be 16.0.56.580.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 13
jdow
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

I'm experiencing it with Vault Pro 2012 & AutoCAD Mechanical 2011... (we have repeated it using Collaboration)

The version number of that DLL is 16.1.58.0 after installing SP1 for Vault Pro 2012.

It still doesn't work...i get the same error message.

Please advise.

JD

Message 4 of 13
gianluca.larocca

We have the same problem!

vault professional 2012 update 1

mechanical 2012

windows 7 64 bit

dll:16.1.58.0

regards

Glrgraphics

Message 5 of 13

Thanks for your information. We are looking into this issue.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 13
jdow

Ok, some for testing and follow-up information...

I've uninstalled the Vault Pro 2012 client and allow updates.

• I reinstalled the Vautl Pro 2012 Client without any updates. The DLL version = 16.0.56.200. The Batch Plot command returned the same error as in my original post.
  • I then applied Hotfix ts17510170 - Autodesk Vault 2012 - DWG Plot Update.  The DLL version = 16.0.56.580.  The Batch Plot command returned the same error as in my original post.
  • I then applied Update 1.  The DLL version = 16.1.58.0. The Batch Plot command returned the same error as in my original post.

My environemnt is:

Windows 7 64bit

Vault Pro 2012 (tried the various updates noted above)

AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 (w/Updates 1&2)

Vault 2012 Client Update for AutoCAD 2011

This is not a problem for my if AutoCAD M is 2012, then all works.  It only seems to fail with AutoCAD M 2011 and the back patch.

JD

Message 7 of 13
jdow

Not sure if this is important or not, but from Vault Pro client I can use the Vault Open command and Check Out a file via AutoCAD M 2011 just fine.  So that feature seems to find AutoCAD M 2011 without any problems.  It seems that its only the Batch Plot... command that returns the error noted in first post.

JD

Message 8 of 13
Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for all the info John. They were useful. We are working on a solution now and will post it when it is ready.

Thanks again!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 13

Hi Gianluca.Larocca,

I tried to reproduce the issue with ACADM 2012 Sp1 + VP 2012 SP1 on Win 7 x64 system and I am unable to reproduce it. Do you still see the issue? Is there any specific file or steps that we need to use? Please let us know.

If you still see the issue please contact the product support and log a support case.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 13
jdow
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Its NOT ACADM 2012, its ACADM 2011 with the back patch for Vault 2012!

It works just fine with ACADM 2012.

John

Message 11 of 13
Senthil_Kumar

John,

Thanks for your reply and we are working on the solution for your ACADM 2011. But I am sorry that the previous message is for the other user Gianluca.Larocca

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 13

We have the same problem, but not with all the client installations.

Our configuration is

Win7 64bit

Vault WorkGroup 2012 sp1

AcadMech 2011

AddInn for Vault & AcadMech2011

Any help?

Thanks

Message 13 of 13

Hi

Have you tried the following Hotfix?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?si​teID=123112&id=19247289&linkID=9261341

If the above doesn't help

> Can you please let me know the list of all the CAD applications (Autodesk) you have installed in your system and their versions?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report