Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Management in Item Master

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HUSELALU
399 Views, 2 Replies

BOM Management in Item Master

I have a couple of questions regarding Vault Proffesional Item Master when it comes to purchased components.

1. We sometimes want to purchase before we have the 3D model ready. I know its possible to create an Item without a 3D model. But is it possible to attach a 3D model afterwards to that Item? If so, will it have the same functinallity as if had done it in a normal way with "Assign Item". Will it update correctly with "Update Item"?

2. We want to use the same 3D model for different items (for example electric motors which have the same dimensions, but have different voltages). Is it possible to have a selection between different types of motors in Item Master linked to the same 3D file? (Today we have the same 3d models, which we place in different assemblies, and purchase the assemblies. Maybe this is the best way to do?)

3. Is it possible to have TAG system in Item Master? Exactly the same type of motor (same item) can be used in 3 different places in a BOM. Maybe even on the same level in the BOM. But we need to identificate every single motor separately. Is this possible or we need to create a new Item for every single motor? 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HUSELALU
in reply to: HUSELALU

I found a solution for the 1st issue.

• "Create a new Item" in Item Master.
  • When the 3D model is ready, save it with the same Part Number as the previously created Item.
  • Assign Item. (see remark below)

This is not the same procedure as attach the 3D model in Item Master. That will not create a link to the 3D model as the "Primary Associated File".

Remark: In my case I will have a a duplicate when I'm assigning an item. I need to "Select Replacement Item" when "Assign Item Wizzard" shows the "Find Duplicates" screen. Its probably because I have wrong mapping of the "Equivalence Value". Anyone knows how I can map that correctly? Maybe this is the solution for the 2 other issues I have.

Message 3 of 3
HUSELALU
in reply to: HUSELALU

I got answer from Autodesk on the 2 other questions:

2. This is a wish function. This want to implemented in the Autodesk Vault Professional Version 2015.

3. This momently you can not do it. You need for every singel motor separately items.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report