Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Assign item category

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
roman.kovarik
924 Views, 4 Replies

Automatically Assign item category

Hello can you say me, some information about Item Category and rules in configuration in Vault Prof. 2012.

In configuration Vault Prof. are possible define some rules for automaticly assing FILE category. When chek-in some files to the Vault. Thats rules works perfekt and I can use all property in Vault.

But!

This rules is possible to configure on ITEM, but works only one property name of "TYPE" and there is possibility set vaule : Assembly, Part and another value.

It is possibility define or use some another property for rules on Item? Than just property "Type"?

Thanks for information.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: roman.kovarik

Yes, it's possible, please refer to demo at http://screencast.com/t/eQGbhJDB0BRx

When Title (Item, CO) contains DES, item category will be Electrical when assign item.

Please note:
1. Item UDP Title (Item, CO) has pre-mapping with file property (such as Title)

2. the rule you set has no confilct with exsiting rule

3. the rules order is another key point,  from higher priority to lower from top to bottom

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 5
Miquel
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Hi.

I have the same problem
I have a UDP to create the rule. This rule is the same rule to create the file and item rule. But only work properly with File Rule.
Why the rule does not work with the item?
Attach video.

Message 4 of 5
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: Miquel

Hello Miquel,

Is it possible to see what you have in the Property Definitions area for Categoria Vault?  I am thinking that you do not have an Item mapping for that property.  Below is something close to what I would expect:

NewsGroup.PNG

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 5 of 5
Miquel
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Yes, that's the problem. I've corrected and working properly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report