Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader Issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dbrblg
746 Views, 5 Replies

Autoloader Issues

I am trying to use Autoloader to bulk load Inventor assemblies into Vault Pro 2012.

I have all these assemblies and their parts in a separate folder ready to import.  Whenever I open one of these assemblies in Inventor, I don't get any errors; everything is present and correct.  

However, when I add these assemblies to Autoloader, I get nothing but errors saying there are issues with children.  When I look into this I find that Autoloader is looking for a part in an assembly in a completely different location (which it cannot find) when it actually exists in the same location as the assembly (which works fine when opened in Inventor!!)

The location in question is 'c:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\Inventor\'.

So to try and overcome this problem, I moved the parts which it claimed not to be able to find from where the assemblies are to the location above.  Now you would think Autoloader would be able to find it, but no.  Even though the parts are in the location Autoloader looks in, it STILL says it cannot find them.

It looks to me as if Autoloader has some problems.

Has anyone else come accross this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: dbrblg

Sorry. Haven't seen this before. Is there anyway you can share the assembly with me? You can send it to senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 6
dblanchard
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi

We are seeing this problem also in a New installation of Autodesk Inventor suite 2012.  We did not have the problem while using 2009....on our New Workstations running W7-64bit. Workstations have two Disk drives-may be a clue...  Note: In the attached PDF the Sub-Assembly was Vault 'cleanly' prior to the parent Assembly attempted to be vaulted.  No Files exist in the folder the Autoloader is looking in

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: dblanchard

Do you have the following files under D:\Designs?

Files.png

Also are you able to open the Sub Assembly 3-00298-014-01.iam inside Inventor without any problem?

You can also try by removing this sub assembly from Data source before scanning.

If the above doesn't help we might need the entire dataset. You can send it to me at senthiDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
dblanchard
in reply to: dbrblg

To answer your questions.  (btw:your email did not work,.....)

• Do you have the following files under D:\Designs?

Yes all the 37 parts with errors are in D:\designs.  They are part of the Sub-assembly (3-00298-014-01.iam) that was Vaulted prior to the attempted Vaulting of the Parent Assembly (3-00298-013-01.iam). 

• Also are you able to open the Sub Assembly 3-00298-014-01.iam inside Inventor without any problem?

Yes - of the Sub-assembly (3-00298-014-01.iam) open fine without any errors

• You can also try by removing this sub assembly from Data source before scanning.

We are concerned that in do so – we would lose the link between the parent and child.  Would the sub-assembly still open when the Parent is opened?

• If the above doesn't help we might need the entire dataset.

We can do this – But we sent the Pack&Go to our support group (M2 Technologies) and it opened Fine – with Autoloader giving NO errors. 

Message 6 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: dblanchard

Sorry about the email ID. One letter was missing. Please try again senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom

So once I get the dataset I should try the following. Please correct me if I am wrong here

0. Place the Dataset in D drive

1. Check-in the Sub Assembly to Vault

2. Try the Main assembly through Autoloader along with the Sub Assembly

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report