Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault Web Client

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Leokornowski
485 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Vault Web Client

Hi... 

Im new in Vault, and i have some issues to resolve, maybe someone can help me 😉

Well, i have VP2014 runing here, with all users and groups, works very fine, but i have a little problem with webclient.

I need to remove permissions from local users, to acess through internet.

Like: user1 can acess local, through our intranet, but, cant acess in they home.

Other issue to resolve:

If that rule above works fine, i need to remove options like download, print and file, just keep visualization, nothing more.

Thanks for help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Leokornowski

Hello and welcome!

I think that if you set up your user accounts to log in using Windows Authentication, they should only be able to access Web Client through the intranet at your office.  Don't know for certain, but that's something you could easily test.

Message 3 of 3
ihayesjr
in reply to: Leokornowski

If you are using Windows Authentication and the user has the ability to take a office computer or laptop home to access the network via VPN or you expose the Vault server to the public Internet they will still be able to access Vault.  The only why would be to not expose Vault to the public Internet or the users don't have the ability to take an office computer or laptop home.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report