Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault Server Installati​on Error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dmulamba
806 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Vault Server Installati​on Error

We have tried for some time to install Vault Collaboration 2013 on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise but each time when the installation screen indicates that "0" items remaining, then it returns the attached error message. Anyone with a solution to this; shall be appreciated. Micheal. M
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
olearya
in reply to: dmulamba

Hey there Michael,

29001 is typically a security access issue and in this instance it seems to indicate that it cannot connect to the SQL instance.

Did you install SQL separately to the Vault install?  Can you advise which version of SQL you have installed?  Can you ensure you are able to log into SQL using both windows and sa credentials?  

Simple things like SQL connectivity should be tested during the pre-checks but just want to make sure.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
dmulamba
in reply to: olearya

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the assistance, it worked successfully and have accepted it as a solution in the forum.

However, the issue now is "Vault Client" access; it returns an error that "Vault Collaboration 2013 could not find the Data Management Services on Server Name". I suspect it might be due to the fact that we first installed "Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2013" on same server before installing the Vault Server.

The IIS Webserver needs to be setup for the two and I need guidance. I have attached a screen snapshot of IIS7 Manager displaying the two sites "Autodesk Data Management" and "Default Web Site" where MapServer 2013 is.

Please advise how I can configure these two servers/sites.

Regards.

Micheal. M

Message 4 of 5
olearya

Hi Michael,

Apologies, it seems I missed your last update.  Has there been any further progress here?  Are you still unable to access the ADMS?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
dmulamba

I'm still not able to access the ADMS.

Have uninstalled the .NET Framework 4.0 and also I'm going to uninstall the ADMS and repeat a fresh install.

I hope the new installation will function; incase it fails will update here in the forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report