Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault Idea Exchange

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ihayesjr
3477 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Vault Idea Exchange

It’s our mission to make Autodesk Vault the world’s best Data Management solution. But we can’t do it without you. 

Do you have a great idea for a new feature or enhancement you’d like to see in Autodesk Vault? Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team, and let us turn your ideas into reality.

The Autodesk Idea Exchange is a forum dedicated to improving Autodesk Vault software by sharing product improvement ideas directly with the developers. The Vault Team is listening. If you’ve got a great idea, we’ll consider it for inclusion in our development plan.

Post your ideas, see what your peers are thinking, and give kudos to the ideas you like the best. The more kudos your idea receives, the better the chance of it making it into the product. At the Idea Exchange, you can even track the status of ideas as they grow from initial concept to ultimate release!

Share your ideas now at the Autodesk Vault Idea Exchange.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DougFresh760
in reply to: ihayesjr

We're basing a rather large development project for a utility on the Vault Product and possible BIM field or other products.  Seems that looking down the road most of the new products are not vault centric and may or may not interface directly into vault but rather through cloud mechanisms like fusion or A360, Glue etc.    I've installed the Connect Desktop and can't seem to find any documentation on how to create and manage a group of users.  Connect desktop does not connect to Vault ( or at least I could see how) but rather from a virtual directory of sorts from a desktop.  So if we're using vault.. what will be the best way to do this?   I've read about the Navisworks online, and even that seemed to require manual synchronization.

I will need to sync vault data directly to products like BIM360 field and or Infraworks at some point.  I'm not looking for a high performance design collaboration environment but rather to share finalized design details and have some ability to get direct feedback when its required.  Moving information around a cloud without the benefit of direct vault access could cause issues with as many projects we have active at one time.

Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 4
gconley
in reply to: ihayesjr

How do you track the status of ideas as they grow from initial concept to ultimate release?  I went to an idea and didn't see any way to track this.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: gconley

At the top of each Idea, in the upper left corner, there is an Options drop-down list where you can select "Subscribe". This will notify you when anything changes on that idea.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report