Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault 2013 failing to aquire a license

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
billy_chanuk
875 Views, 16 Replies

Autodesk Vault 2013 failing to aquire a license

Hi,

I have recently installed Autodesk Vault 2013 (client) onto our server ( Vault server).

The server is configured to IPv4 and firewall is switched off.

We are receiving an error (319 in server logs) when trying to aquire a license to run the Vault client.

11/12/2012 11:52:03 *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 634908235237587890 )
Exception: LicensingError [319] (20)
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
   at Connectivity.Core.Security.Licensing.LicenseCheckOut(User user, ProductLicenseType productType)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.CreateLicensedToken(User user, String knowledgeVaultName, Boolean readOnly, ProductLicenseType licType, Byte[] p)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVaultName, Boolean readOnly)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVaultName, Boolean readOnly)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.v17.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVault)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Billy

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
cbenner
in reply to: billy_chanuk

Have you verified that your lisense service is running?  In our case it was being automatically shut off on the server once a month when the server ran automatic Windows updates.  I had to go to the server and manually restart the lisense service.  Last month I shut off the auto updates on the server,... crossing my fingers that this solved the problem.

Message 3 of 17
billy_chanuk
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for your reply.

We already have one Vault server picking up the license from the same license server working ok.

For some reason this second server is not.. The services can not be the issue.

Anything else I could try?

Regards,

Billy Chan

Message 4 of 17
cbenner

Message 5 of 17
billy_chanuk

Hi,

We're not using replication. We have two different sites set up.

Both sites should point to the same license server based on the LICPATH.LIC file.

Connecting to site A is fine, but using the same machine connecting to site B is failing to obtain the license... even though it is pointing to the same license server.

Thanks,

Regards,

Billy Chan

Message 6 of 17
billy_chanuk

*connecting from site A is fine but connecting from site B is failing to obtain a license*

Message 8 of 17
billy_chanuk

Hi,

This is a new issue, performed a new install on a new VM (virtual machine).

Bit of a strange one..

Regards,

Billy

Message 9 of 17
minkd

On the server that is having trouble getting licenses, open a command shell and ping the license manager hostname. You may find that the hostname is being resolved to an IPv6 address instead of an IPv4 address. If that is the case you can either switch to the IPv6 license manager (which would require all access to be via IPv6), fix the name resolution so you get an IPv4 address, or use the IPv4 address instead of the hostname in the server's LICPATH.lic file.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 17
billy_chanuk
in reply to: minkd

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that pinging our license server it is resolving in IPv4 format.

Please see attachment.

Regards,

Billy

Message 11 of 17
DarrenP

what about the firewall?

allow these ports:

The FLEXlm® based version uses the following ports:

• TCP ports 2080 (for the adskflex vendor daemon)
  • TCP ports 27000 to 27009 (for the lmgrd master daemon)

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
billy_chanuk
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi,

The firewall is off, so all ports should be open..

Thanks,

Billy

Message 13 of 17
DarrenP

are all machines not picking up a license or just certain ones?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 17
billy_chanuk

Hi,

Good news, I noticed there were a TCP and UDP rule set up for inbound and outbound connections. I disabled this then restarted the server. Appears to be picking up the connections fine now.

Although a new error has now occured for Active Directory accounts trying to connect.

I have tried the solution here http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2009/12/windows-authentication-not-working.html... by enabling windows authentication. No luck.

Thanks,

Regards,

Billy

Message 15 of 17
Andy.Spivey

Billy,

For WinAuth, ensure that only the Windows Authentication Auth type is enabled for \Default Web Site\AutodeskDM\Services\WinAuth inside IIS.

I believe the prodivders should be Negotiate and NTLM.

Hope that helps.

-Andy

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 16 of 17
billy_chanuk

That is great, it is now working.

Just a FYI, I had to perform that solution on the AutodeskDM>services home > Authorisation as well to make it work.

Thank you very much.

regards,

Billy Chan

Message 17 of 17
Andy.Spivey

Glad it is working for you - happy to help.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report