Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2013 Vault Revision Table....

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cbenner
825 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 2013 Vault Revision Table....

.... where does it come from?  Everytime I place one of these, it comes in as a table that, I know I modified at one point along the way.... but I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is finding this thing.  I open a completely empty drawing with no template, place a VRT... and there it is.  It even creates the Table Style for me.  Can anyone shed any light on where this is reading from?  I need to make some modifications to the table again.  My brain is going and I cannot figure this out.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Ok,... so I found the table, right where I left it 6 months ago.  I've moved it to a network location so everyone can use it.  However, the other user in my dept. still has an out of the box copy on his hard drive.  We deleted it, set his search path the same as mine, and restarted Autocad.  The file re-appeared on his hard drive!  And Autocad will not default to the network version even though the network drive is set to the highest level of the search path.

It appears that something is running when his ACAD starts up that is loading these files on his machine.  Any thoughts?

Anyone?  Bueller?

Message 3 of 4
alan_ho
in reply to: cbenner

Hello Chris,

Sorry I took a couple of days to get to this thread.

Within AutoCAD, the revision table styles (by default) are stored in the form of DWGs which are namely:

1. 'vaac_RevBlockImperial.dwg’ - For English units based drawings
  2. 'vaac_RevBlockMetric.dwg' - For Metric units based drawings

These two template DWGs are stored in the users' application data directory... likely to be in the following directory (C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD {version} Vault Add-in\) if you are on Win7 and above.

These two templates can be changed/tweaked to the revision table style you'd like for a given user.

A removal of these two files would result in a restoration to its default installation. This restoration happens on the loading of the Vault add-in.

In your case, it seems that you'd like to have the Vault revision table mechanism point to the style files in another location.

This can be done by the following steps:

1. Open up the file 'acad.exe.config' from the AutoCAD installation directory. You could use any XML editor or notepad to do this.1.png
  2. With the file opened. Insert two XML tags for both the English and Metric units based templates under the <appSettings> tag. (Refer to highlighted example text below; just swap out the values for the location of your revision table style files)2.png
  3. Save the file and re-launch AutoCAD (and the Vault add-in).
  4. The next time a Vault Revision Table is inserted, it'll pull the new style from the location(s) specified.

Hope this helps.

Alan Ho
Principal Experience Designer
Digital Platform & Experience
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report