Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-set Item state to “In Review” on moving ECO out of “Work” status?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Maxim-CADman77
296 Views, 3 Replies

Auto-set Item state to “In Review” on moving ECO out of “Work” status?

Our Vault Explorer users claim to have lost some ECO functionality recently.

According to their words sometime earlier Items were automaticaly set to "in Review" state on moving ECO from Work to Check/Review status but now it isn't.

Now they are forced to do it manually otherwise the'll get "Item cannot be in WIP state when responding to change order" (yes we have this restriction enabled).

What they expect to happen (claim to have broken) seems logical but I can't find nothing in help that make me think it is possible to set Vault to do so.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

I don't remember that ever being true, where it automatically changed to In Review... I wish it did, because I always forget that step!  I may have added this as a suggestion to the Idea Station... can't remeber this early on a Monday.... but I'll look and update here if I did.

Message 3 of 4
steveh4
in reply to: cbenner

Chris is correct, don't ever remember doing this automatically when going to "Check State". Your users might be getting confused on what is actually happening.

If the parent item and its children are new and have never been released before, the children will change automatically when you change the parent. I believe if the item has been released and now revising, then the state of the children will have to be changed manually. Also, there is a setting which says that all items must be in "In Review" before moving to the check state, but you must manually change the lifecycle state, it's not automatic. 

Inventor---Vault Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report