Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign item problem...

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
563 Views, 7 Replies

Assign item problem...

I'm attempting to "Assign Item" to an Inventor Assembly file and I am getting the following error message:

"No newer file versions available for update"  This error message appears after the 2nd attempt at "Assign Item"

The 1st attempt; The system went through Preview Items, Find Duplicates & View Results and then stalled, no Item was assigned.  The 2nd attempt returned the error above.

In a related problem; when I attempted to 'Assign Item', I recieved a laundry list of items that could not be updated because they were in "Released" state in 'Item Master'.  I reset the State to "Work In Progress" and it brought me to the current point.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

bump

Message 3 of 8
cbenner

If you got to the "View Results" screen.... that usually means the Item has been assigned.  Did you visually verify wether it was there or not?  It almost sounds like, in your second attempt, you are trying to assign an Item over the top of an existing one?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Items are assigned to all of the sub's but not the main '.iam' file.  When I try to Assign item on the '.iam' file I get the error.  No Item was assigned to that file initially.

See the attached file for the error message.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

hmmm, that didn't work?  i'll try it again.

If not the message reads:   "No newer file versions available for update."

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

That did it.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report