Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding item to Change Order (Error 1656)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
desidubajic
2112 Views, 4 Replies

Adding item to Change Order (Error 1656)

Vault Professional 2014.

Recently came across a new error.

Trying to add an item card to an existing Change Order. (The change order is in Work state, but was previously in "Check" state)

Error 1656:

The change order routing selected is not appropriate to work with item.

Please select appropriate routing or remove items from the change order.

Huh???!!! How can you even create a change order that doesn't work with items??? And how is it there are other items attached to this change order, just not the ones I am trying to add?

I and the others have had nothing but endless issues with Vault 2014 and change orders specifically. Everytime something comes up, I'm locked out of that change order for 20minutes. (Can we at least change that somewhere?? ...)  Says's the file is locked out for editing by me, and I'm apparently to big a ***** to give myself access to it.

I checked the documentation in the SDK and it states "Server Error Code: 1656 "InappropriateRouting".  Should really say "InadequateKnowledgeOfWhatHappenedSoJustPrintedSomeTechnoGibberish"

Others have tried to update this change order. They were "Responsible Engineers". I tried as the Administrator which is everything and got the same error.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: desidubajic
Message 3 of 5
desidubajic
in reply to: cbenner

Everyone who accesses Change Orders, is part of an Engineering group that has all appropriate roles defined. I myself am the administrator of this vault, and in this particular case I logged on with the Administrator account and still cannot add item cards.

Only recently has this error ocurred. Why we are suddenly denied the ability to add or remove item cards from the Associated Records list seems a little dumbfounding. Especially with the particular error (1656) being presented. These particular ECO's were at the check stage and "rejected" back to work. The responsible Engineer who has been working on this ECO added the original item cards and files that were part of this ECO. Suddenly he can only add/remove files, whereas any attempt to add or remove an item card results in this error.

How can this happen? Furthermore, how is it possible to limit an ECO to NOT allow item cards to be added to the records?

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: desidubajic

Message 5 of 5
desidubajic
in reply to: cbenner

It appears you were on the right track with the routing list. One of the individuals on the list for the ECO's that were having issues, recently left the company and had his vault user account disabled. I am speculating as much, as I didn't think of that until I removed all the users from the routing list. Then I managed (as administrator) to add the desired items to the attached records. After that I re-populated the routing list with the appropriate individuals excluding him, and now it is working. Although I'm still a little baffled why it would stop users who have the correct credentials from performing tasks within an ECO. I guess I can consider this solved. To answer your questions, it was only happening to a handful of ECO's. To us .. an item is similar to the "item cards" used in our previous ERP database, and thus everyone here refers to them as such. Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report