Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add AutoCAD Drawings from Autodesk Vault (Explorer) in 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
267 Views, 2 Replies

Add AutoCAD Drawings from Autodesk Vault (Explorer) in 2010

I keep a folder in my Vault project of drawings received from outside contractors. The idea is to just add them to the Vault without modifying them in any way for record keeping. In previous versions of Vault (2008) it was easy to do this. I would simply choose "Add Files..." and I would be prompted with:

"You are attempting to add one or more drawing files. Files will be added but dependent relationships will be lost. To retain relationships, add using the CAD program. Do you want to continue?"

Then I would choose "Yes" and everything would be cool.

I am now attempting the same thing in 2010 and I get the following message:

"Files cannot be added due to vaulting restrictions."

along with the sub-message that reads

"You must add design files to the vault through the appropriate application to maintain correct relationship data."

I don't want to open these files in AutoCAD. From there I would need to save them and that would be altering the data that I received from the contractor. Any ideas?

-Mike Parsons Edited by: Mike1491 on Nov 13, 2009 2:02 AM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KooCheeKit
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mike,

There is a new checkbox 'Disable Check In of Design Files' at Vault Settings that is turned on by default, turn off this checkbox would bring back the 'Do yo want to continue?' dialog you're looking for.

Regards,
Chee-Kit

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just remember, when adding files this way no DWF files will be created. Also, the possibility for lost links will occur.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report