Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad Electrical and SharePoint 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
404 Views, 2 Replies

Acad Electrical and SharePoint 2013

This question is directed psecifically to Doug Redmond, or any one else in the Vault group who is familiar with the SharePoint integration.

We use Items, and specifically, on our drawing files we use the Item Lifecycle watermark as our official stamp for whether a drawing is ok to release.  We are setting up lists on our SharePoint project pages, linking to the Vault Item Master, and then filtering to the specific Items associated with that project.  When we do this with projects where we used Autocad Electrical, all we see is the project .wdp Item.  None of the files in that project are on the list, since in AcadE only the project file and components are assigned Items.  In Vault Client, viewing that project Item lets me also view and print the files with the watermark.  How can I do the same in SharePoint?

Assuming that some day soon the watermark will be visible outside of the main Client....  it is still not working for thin client or SP.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Redmond.D
in reply to: cbenner

Wow, fan mail!

Unfortunately, I don't have much good news for you.  Here is how Sharepoint integration works for Item lists.  When you go to download the DWF, the integration grabs the primary file on that item, then it downloads the DWF off of that file.  If there is no primary file or the primary file has no DWF, then SharePoint downloads nothing.

If Autocad Electrical items are not giving you the DWF files you want, then maybe you can use file lists instead.  You can also request more functionality on the Vault Idea Exchange.

And no, you shouldn't assume that watermarking will be available soon in the SP integration.  I can't speak for the web client.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Redmond.D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report