Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE associated files, delete question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
m_simons
294 Views, 2 Replies

ACADE associated files, delete question

Hey all,

I have a file associations question. Let's say I want a 'typical user' to be able to delete a ACADE .dwg file out of vault without having administrator priveledges. This works fine as long as the appropriate permissions are set and the user has 'delete conditional' abilities. However I am encountering a problem when the .DWG file is associated with the ACADE project file as this requires an unconditional delete. "Well why would you want to delete an associated file?" you must be saying. The issue is, even if I check out the ACADE .WDP project file, remove the drawing from the project using the ACE project manager (thus removing the file association) and then check the .WDP project file back into vault, the vault still sees the file as associated with the .WDP file. Is there any way to 'refresh' the associated files so that vault will go into the .wdp file and see that the drawing is no longer associated so it can be deleted without administrative rights? If anyone is aware of a process to make this happen I would appreciate the input.

Thanks for any information.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rimeral
in reply to: m_simons

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm currently experiencing the same issue. Anyone been able to get around this or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
minkd
in reply to: rimeral

You have to purge the versions of the project file that have a reference to the DWG.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report