Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is best way to delete local copies?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
desch99
2422 Views, 4 Replies

what is best way to delete local copies?

Trying to created more hard drive space on a workstation.

What is the best way to delete local copies of a many vaulted files.

They are saved in many different locations. Is there a way to quickly delete all local copies from a machine with just a couple of clicks?

Using Inventor & Vault 10

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mikel_martin
in reply to: desch99

Depending on what tier of vault you are using you might want to try Workspace Sync.
If you are using Vault basic, I don't think there is a tool for this.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Redmond.D
in reply to: mikel_martin

There is also an app for that.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: Redmond.D

I tried this app months ago and it didnt work with Vault Basic. Smiley Sad

I contacted the developer and below is their response.  Seems like the problem is Autodesk.  It would be a very welcomed feature to have available.

Vault Basic 2013 is not customizable, so it is not possible to provide an app that works on this platform.

Delete Local Copy  is available for Vault Workgroup 2013 , Vault Collaboration 2013 , Vault Collaboration AEC 2013  and Vault Professional 2013 as you can read in the "Compatible with" section of the app page: http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3adeletelocalc...

I hope to have answered to your question and I also hope that in future release Autodesk will support Vault Basic customization.

Message 5 of 5
danny
in reply to: desch99

Hi,

I use the same vault, when right mouse button on the folder or file in de vault, you can choose for goto workfolder.

Then in explorer you can just delete the files from that folder.

Also possible is to check the second box in the checkin window on closing the files, the local files wil be removed..

Regards
Danny

Inventor 2014 sp1 | Vault basic 2014 | HP Elitebook 8670W | win7 64b | 8Gb | GMT +1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report