Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault licence over internet

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jaenugu
1044 Views, 6 Replies

vault licence over internet

Hi I guess its not the proper vault question, but i am wondering if someone can help me. We installed vault workgroup server on a PC which is part of our workgroup (peer-to-peer network). It is installed on Port 80 and the PC is running Windows Server 2008 R2 std. We got linksys firewall for our network. Now, I want to make this vault server available over the internet so that users can access (Flex licence) it from home. what should I do on the Vault server side and linksys (if possible)?? thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: jaenugu

The license server needs to reside on the same internal network where the Vault server is installed.  Anyone accessing the Vault server, internally or externally, the server will pull the license from the internal license server.  The server is the one that pulls the license not the client.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 7
jaenugu
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hi, thanks for reply. in our case, licence server and vaultserver are on same PC. I set up our router (attached) so that external users can access our vaultserver. but when i tried to test this through internal network, it gave me an error (attached). am I missing something here. Thanks

Message 4 of 7
ihayesjr

Try setting the port in the router to port 80 so that is is not converting it back and forth to 3500.  If that works, you will have to change the port that the server is working on to match the port in the router because the translation is causing the problem.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 7
jaenugu

thanks for help. changed the router port to 80 and it is working fine now. now, if i want to change the vaultserver port, do i have to reinstall the vault again ?? 

Message 6 of 7
derekyang

Hi,

You don't have to re-install Vault Server in order to change its port.  Please follow the steps in the attachment and see if that works. 

Regards,

Derek

Message 7 of 7
hans.martin.haga

There is a missing step in the document posted above, the configuration file for the Autodesk Data Management Job Dispatch Service also has to be updated!

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Collaboration 2013\Server\Dispatch\ Connectivity.WindowsService.JobDispatch.exe.config

<add key="Server" value="127.0.0.1:8000"/>

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report