Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault 2013 web client problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SofiaGrave4819
272 Views, 3 Replies

vault 2013 web client problem

Hello to all

I am running Vault 2013 collaborarion, and we have the web viewer for production where they are only allowed to see the release drawings.

we have some folder where the web viewer has permissions to read so they are able to visualize the files, but when doing a search for a file, the viewer also showns files that are in folders that the viewer have no permission.

could someone help me with this?

one more thing, why when i make a search i can see more then the file i am searching, there is a way to make a exact match search?

web viewer dump.JPG

thanks for all teh help

Sofia

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dan_Malott
in reply to: SofiaGrave4819

The way I got around this issue was to set security level in the lifeccle defintions and had the files that were not to be seen by others were in a different catagory.

Message 3 of 4
chearhuat
in reply to: SofiaGrave4819

Alternatively, you may include the file extension in your search, e.g. '4046-6.idw'.

The search logic is based on partial string match, hence it is invariably that it will return all the files containing the search term.

Meanwhile, Vault security model differentiates folder and file viewing rights. You might have to apply the security rights up to individual file level.

Suggestion from dan.mallot would be a good implemention.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 4 of 4
SofiaGrave4819
in reply to: chearhuat

Thank you for the answer, still i think it's a lot of work for a simple task like exact match naming. we have folder with web client permition and folders denied, I just don't understand why the search shows the denied folders.
But I accept the answer, even without solving my problem.

thanks for the effort.
Sophia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report