Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check that dependent child files are released" doesn't work

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sergio_duran
476 Views, 3 Replies

"Check that dependent child files are released" doesn't work

Hi there,

I have an inconsistent behavior with Vault Collaboration 2013. I want to restrict the release process. I should only be able to release designs when depedent child files are released. The checkbox "Check that dependent child files are released" in the Transition dialog box is selected. In addition, the files that I'm testing are under he same category. Finally, the Lifecycle definition that I'm using only has ONE Realeased State under the Control tab in the Lifecycle details section.

Is there anything else that I can check in order to restrict the release workflow?

Vault worked before but now it's inconsistent.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikel_martin
in reply to: sergio_duran

It would be helpful if you could provide more information.

What type of issue are you seeing?

Can you give some screen shots of the assembly structure?

One common problem we see is that people change the state (and therefore the revision) of the referencing file (the "parent") and the referenced file (the "child") separately. This is not wrong. However, many don't realize that when this happens the referencing file is still consuming the previous revision of the referenced file. This can give unexpected results, because the previous revision and the tip revision can have different released status.

Currently the only way to get the referencing file to consume the new revision is to check it out and check it in from the CAD system (or task manager) with the desired revision of the referenced file on disk.

Hope this helps.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
sergio_duran
in reply to: mikel_martin

Mikel, thanks for your reply.

I hadn't replied back because Vault Pro 2014 will be installed and we will see if the problem is still there after having migrated.

I'll get back to you if the problem persists.

Message 4 of 4
pvcosta
in reply to: mikel_martin

I'm having the same problem.

I'm working with Vault PRO 2016 and even with the check box "Check that dependent child files are "Released"" on the transition Working in Progress --> Released, I still can change the state of an assembly with Its dependent (child) in Work in Progress.....

I did the same test using the State "Obsolete" and that works fine..... I can't understand why this only happen on the Release state.

I also double check if the check box "This is a "Released" state" was checked - It is.

Pablo Costa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report