Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question with how vault data works

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lalatorre
413 Views, 4 Replies

question with how vault data works

Hi my question is how vault manage the files and models, for example, if my files are stored in the server, when i open this files, a temporal copy is created in my computer to work?  can i have two file storage servers on diferent places, and if i need to work in place1 take the model in the server1, and if i work in the place2 take the model in the server2? can this work with a VPN on diferent countries?

Tanks a lot. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: lalatorre

Different versions of the files are stored on the server as you or your users check files in.  When you check a file out of Vault, a copy of the file is placed in your workspace on your computer for you to do your work.  Depending on your Vault install configuration, you could have a multi-site environment, 2 servers 1 database, where you can start your work at location 1 but check it in at location 2 from the same workstation.  As long as you have access to a Vault server, you can use vault.  This can be from VPN or opening the necessary ports through your firewall to allow access to the Vault server.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 5
lalatorre

ok, and can i have two redundant servers in two different offices or countries for example, and vault take the files from the closer server to do quickly the workflow?? the different offices process diferent models, but i want to at the end of the day the two servers are synchronized.

Message 4 of 5
ihayesjr

The Vault Collaboration or Professtional editions offer a full replication feature that should help you with your needs.  Contact your Autodesk reseller to assist and for further understanding your needs.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 5
lalatorre
in reply to: ihayesjr

ok! now i have a better idea, i'll find my reseller. thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report