Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with printing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
agata.liso
565 Views, 6 Replies

problem with printing

Hi, I have a problem with printing files directly from the Vault pro. Visualization files are up to date, when sending files to print appears an error (printsceen). Is the change of state files from "production" to "to review" is necessary?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: agata.liso

What version of Vault are you using?  Also, is it Basic, Workgroup or Professional?  Where are you printing from, and what is your exact workflow?  You should be able to print a visualization in any state. 

Message 3 of 7
BLHDrafting

I agree with Chris that there should be no restriction on printing versus the file state.

There are known issues when using Vault Plot combined with the option to use visualisation files. I have 2 acknowledgements from Autodesk support about problems when printing using the DWF file. Until these are fixed I have changed the option to NOT use DWF files. It takes a bit longer to print and uses a few more resources but it works.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 4 of 7
agata.liso
in reply to: BLHDrafting

I am using Vault Professional 2014. Attempt to print a DWF file results in an error. When I try to print a file IDW is not send it for printing. it takes a very long process but does not send the file to the printer. Sometimes, the file is sent to print but prints an empty card. Next file is still only processed. Vault is divided into two positions, the second position is only possible to print DWF files that are exempt from production.

Message 5 of 7
cbenner

This sounds a lot like what Brendan is seeing (previous post).  I have avoided the 2014 upgrade, I see too many issues raised in these forums.  Next year I'll have no choice, so I hope that 2015 is a better release.

Message 6 of 7
BLHDrafting

I really can't think of a reason why you're having issues. My next move would be through my VAR and/or raise a case with Autodesk.

I'm not sure what this section of your message means but it could hold a clue "Vault is divided into two positions, the second position is only possible to print DWF files that are exempt from production." Can you detail this more please?

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 7 of 7
agata.liso
in reply to: BLHDrafting

I solved my problem. In the name of the folder were Polish characters (ą, ć, ś, ń). For this reason, the path to the file got lost.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report