Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening content centre custom library stored on vault across vpn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
grahambthomson
309 Views, 2 Replies

opening content centre custom library stored on vault across vpn

Inventor 2013

Vault Basic 2013

windows 7 ultimate

Hi we are using a system of 3 pc's using inventor and vault. 2 pc's are in one office up north and 1 pc is in another office down south. They are connected through a vpn. The vault is stored on one of the pc's up north.

Checking out items to the south office from the Vault in the north office is not a huge problem it takes a minute or so depending on the size of the assmebley. The main issue comes when i try to access the content cente custom libraries for the frame generator across offices. This can take up to 4 - 5 hours to open and  freezes inventor in the process! which is pretty unworkable.

Also when i work on a vault project assembley in the south office , it can take a few seconds between clicking an item and it selecting which can be a little annoying especially when this is happening for each click., but i am putting this down to the vpn connection.

This system was recomended by a autodesk reseller who we still recieve inventor support for, unfortunitly they will not deal with this issue.

Thanks Graham

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: grahambthomson

Hello Graham and welcome,

I have two suggestions.  First would be to list all of the hardware involved in this setup, including how the communication between sites is setup.  The second would be that this may better be handled in the Vault forum, as it almost sounds like the issue stems from vault communications, and not Inventor itself.  Does that sound right?  If so I can have this post moved to the Vault forum.

Message 3 of 3
grahambthomson
in reply to: cbenner

Yes if you could move it to the vault forum that would be great.

Thanks for your help I will try to get more information on how the installation was originally across offices

Thanks Graham
The information contained in this email, and its attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or organization to whom it is addressed. It may contain legally privileged and confidential information. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the business. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please do not open any attachments but please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error and then delete this message from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report