Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autodesk vault 2011 could not find the data management services on local ho

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
gmd133
2239 Views, 9 Replies

autodesk vault 2011 could not find the data management services on local ho

I just installed Vault 2011 and am receiving the following error and need assitance.

"Autodesk Vault 2011 could not find the data management services on local host."
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: gmd133

Please check that you have the appropriate ports open on your firewall
or that your anti-virus program is not blocking the connection.

-Jim

"gmd133" wrote in message news:6385473@discussion.autodesk.com:

> I just installed Vault 2011 and am receiving the following error and need assitance.
>
> "Autodesk Vault 2011 could not find the data management services on local host."
Message 3 of 10
gmd133

I shut my Anti-Virus off and receive the same message. It appears that ADMS is missing. Is that possible?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

That is possible. On the machine that holds ADMS Console, do you see an
icon for "ADMS Console 2011" on the Desktop? Or in the "programs" ->
Autodesk -> Autodesk Data Management...do you see Autodesk Data
Management Server Console 2011? If not, you will need to install the
ADMS Console. Is the ADMS Console on a separate machine? If so, you
will have to check the firewall settings on that machine as well.

-Jim

"gmd133" wrote in message news:6385475@discussion.autodesk.com:

> I shut my Anti-Virus off and receive the same message. It appears that ADMS is missing. Is that possible?
Message 5 of 10
gmd133

It appears that the Client got installed instead of the Server. I must have erred on install. I am now trying to install Vault Server and am dealing with "an old version of SQL server is in use for an existing Vault Database instance "

I am trying to update SQL to SP3 and have not yet been successful. This is new territory for me. Any suggestions?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Are you using SQL Express or a full version of SQL? Also, on the
machine you are planning on putting the vault was there a previous
version of vault? Is the SQL on that machine being used for other
products/initiatives? I wouldn't want you to upgrade the SQL for vault
and damage other product that you may be using. What is the error that
you are getting when you upgrade SQL?

-Jim

"gmd133" wrote in message news:6385575@discussion.autodesk.com:

> It appears that the Client got installed instead of the Server. I must have erred on install. I am now trying to install Vault Server and am dealing with "an old version of SQL server is in use for an existing Vault Database instance "
>
> I am trying to update SQL to SP3 and have not yet been successful. This is new territory for me. Any suggestions?
Message 7 of 10
gmd133

It is on a machine that had an 2010 loaded on it. i uninstalled 2010.

The only other program listed for SQL was ACT 8.0 but I no longer use it and uninstalled it.

I have tried both the express version and the full version following instructions I read here on another thread. This seems to be an ongoing problem. Neither version gives me an error. The Full version listed Vault but would not allow me to select it.

I am leaving for the day but will be back on this issue bright and early at 7 AM eastern. Any suggestions would be helpfull. I lost a whole day already.

Thanks
George
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hi George,

I talked with a couple people and the variables involved to diagnosis
this over the newsgroup would be difficult. Is it possible for you to
open a support ticket so that we can get it resolved faster?

Thanks,
Jim

"gmd133" wrote in message news:6385633@discussion.autodesk.com:

> It is on a machine that had an 2010 loaded on it. i uninstalled 2010.
>
> The only other program listed for SQL was ACT 8.0 but I no longer use it and uninstalled it.
>
> I have tried both the express version and the full version following instructions I read here on another thread. This seems to be an ongoing problem. Neither version gives me an error. The Full version listed Vault but would not allow me to select it.
>
> I am leaving for the day but will be back on this issue bright and early at 7 AM eastern. Any suggestions would be helpfull. I lost a whole day already.
>
> Thanks
> George
Message 9 of 10
gmd133

Jim,

Success!!! I was finally able to get SP3 to load this morning. IT was my 4th attempt. I can't remember exactly the description but there was another box that had to be checked on another screen after the selection of Autodesk Vault. After I checked that box the SP went in fine.

I have since loaded the Vault Server seemlessly.

Thanks for all of you help.

G
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I am glad that you were able to get it up and running 🙂

"gmd133" wrote in message news:6386026@discussion.autodesk.com:

> Jim,
>
> Success!!! I was finally able to get SP3 to load this morning. IT was my 4th attempt. I can't remember exactly the description but there was another box that had to be checked on another screen after the selection of Autodesk Vault. After I checked that box the SP went in fine.
>
> I have since loaded the Vault Server seemlessly.
>
> Thanks for all of you help.
>
> G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report