Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Vault comes with Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Digitek-USA
474 Views, 7 Replies

Which Vault comes with Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate?

We have two subscriptions of Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate. I am investigating implementing the vault. It looks like there are (4) versions of the vault out there. "Autodesk Vault", "Autodesk Vault wprkgroup", "Autodesk Vault Collaboration" and "Autodesk Vault Professional". 

Can anyone tell me which one comes with "Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate"

TIA

Rick

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
olearya
in reply to: Digitek-USA

Hi Rick,

The base level Vault is delivered with PDSU for WIP doc management needs.  If you need to manage document release and revisions or link together multiple design teams across site you should look to upgrade to one of the other members of the family.

There is a compare tool available under the Vault info page (www.autodesk.com/vault) which goes into more product features to help you decide what would be most suited to you:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/compare/index?siteID=123112&id=17248464

Hope this helps

Allan

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
davewillard

Should this "Base" version that comes with our subscription have the Revit 2012 add-on included, or do we need one of the other versions of Vault for this?

Message 4 of 8
olearya

Hi Dave,

The basic version of Vault supports integration with Revit.

Allan

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
olearya
in reply to: olearya

Apologies all, I misspoke here - the Vault Revit integration is only available in Vault Workgroup, Collaboration and Professional.

The full list of supported clients can be found in the product readmes.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 8

Wow, I had no idea.

I honestly thought that Vault was Vault....in other words, it didn't matter what version of Vault you had, you could store whatever files into it. Granted, I knew you had to have add-ins for Word or Excel, etc, but I guess I just assumed it being an Adesk product, by default you could put any Adesk type file into it.

Allan, if you don't mind, is there a reason why that's not the case? Just curious.

BTW - Thanks again for your help Monday with the purging issue.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 7 of 8
olearya

The reasoning behind the omission of Vaut Basic is primarily around percieved value.

Revit users working in a shared environment did not see much value in recording "versions" of a central model which was constantly being updated and in essence already had alternate means of tracking versions.

Where Revit integration made sense was with the addition of "revisioning" to capture actual design milestones and managing design deliverables, this functionality provided by Vault Workgroup, Collaboration and Professional.  

Hopefully this sheds a little more light on the decision.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8

Very much.

Thanks once again.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report