Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download Vault Server Basic 2015

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
dpeak01
3593 Views, 11 Replies

Where to download Vault Server Basic 2015

Searched and searched....then searched some more.  Where can I download Vault Server Basic 2015?

Damon

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: dpeak01

Hello,

That depends on how you bought it.  Did you buy it on susbscription?  If so you can go to the Virtual Agent for all downloads.  Did you go through a reseller?

Message 3 of 12
dpeak01
in reply to: cbenner

Maybe I am confused.  We are moving all of our suites to subscription.  We setup a test Vault Basic Server 2014 in the Spring and tested with our 2014 clients.  We now are on 2015 and the clients are no longer compatible 

"Vault Basic 2015 19.0.49.0 is not compatible with......Vault Basic Server 18.2.2.0"  

I've not been able to find much documentation on Vault Server 2015 to get a clear understanding of what has changed and how to plan for a new Vault Server 2015.  As I understood it, the Vault Server 2014 was free and each client lic. is either bundled with our suites or we purchase addition lic. Has this pricing structure now changed?

Damon

Message 4 of 12
cbenner

Your post has me a bit confused, but it is early and my coffee is still kicking in...

You upgraded your suite to 2015... did you also upgrade your Vault server to 2015?  All of your seats of Vault Client are 2015?  The numbers suggest that maybe you (without knowing it) loaded a service pack for the client without loading the same SP for the server?  I'm just tossing out ideas here.  We need Darren... Darren are you out there?

Message 5 of 12
dpeak01

"You upgraded your suite to 2015... did you also upgrade your Vault server to 2015?  "

Yes to the client upgrade to 2015.

No to server 2015.....this is what I'm trying to do.

I'm trying to find the software for Vault Server Basic 2015 (which would not require a serial number and activation key).  When I installed Vault Server 2014 in a test environment I did not need a serial number and activation key.  

Is there any documentation on the different variations of Vault Server 2015?

Damon

Message 6 of 12
cbenner

You said you upgraded to subscription, if so you can get your server download from the Autodesk Virtual Agent.  If the Vault Server was a part of your Suite, then the Serial number and Key from the Suite should be all you need.

Message 7 of 12
DarrenP

to make things easier just download the Vault 2015 Server from here:

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Design & Creation Suites) through Matt, Autodesks Virtual Assistant. http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
>download links>Vault Products>Vault Basic Server
Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue

for whats new in  Vault 2015: http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-EB291E0F-816C-4C35-AAB8-1E6DF96DDB2F

Vault Basic is still a free product

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
stevec49367
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the links.

Just to be clear.....if I have four users two on basic and two on workgroup, I would install workgroup server using one of the workgroup client serial numbers and key codes?

Message 9 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: stevec49367

you can't mix & match vault editions

the vault basic clients will not talk to a Vault Workgroup server this is as designed there are no workarounds

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
irvinet1264
in reply to: DarrenP

>Vault products is not in that location...Where do I go now?

Message 11 of 12

@irvinet1264

Vault products have been removed the Autodesk Virtual Agent.  Instead log into your Autodesk Account and select Product Enhancements.  Somewhere on the list will be the Vault basic server and client down.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 12

Hi,

Vault Basic download has been moved to fall under the product in which it is available. Please find a quick 40-second or so video that shows where Vault Basic products can be found. AutoCAD Electrical was used in this video, but all products containing Vault Basic as a subscription benefit should be the same.

These installers were moved to your accounts portal, under the parent products this release, to facilitate a consistent delivery experience for our customers.

If you experience an issue where you still cannot find the Vault download, as shown in the video, we ask that you create a quick Autodesk Screencast, and create a support request, with the name of the product(s) you show it is missing, so we can investigate further.

Our apologies for this inconvenience, I have marked this post as the solved as its the official answer

Regards,

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report