Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client Preview DWF Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jddrinkwater
1108 Views, 2 Replies

Web Client Preview DWF Problem

Vault Pro 2012, SP1

Inventor 2012, SP1

IE 8

I am setting up the web client for the first time on several workstations in our shop so that the assemblers can quickly view the 3D model, or measure a missing dimension on a drawing.  I am having a problem where the default action in IE seems to be to download the .ipt/iam/idw file, not to preview the dwf.

I am running a job server, and this is the case for files with a known good .dwf. 

On one machine the web client was previewing the files as it should, but then stopped for an unknown reason.  Now no matter what I try it downloads the Inventor file.

If anyone can help troubleshoot, I believe the follwoing steps will cause my issue:

1 - open web client and preview any file with a good dwf.

2 - find a file with no dwf.  IE will prompt to download the .ipt/iam (it does for me anyhow)

3 - find the file you just previewed and IE will now try to download the .ipt

4 - the preview function seems to be permanently broken now and no files will preview from within IE

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello John,

I tried in 2012 and 2013 and was unsuccessful in reproducing your issue.  Is it possible that somehow the browser is caching the choice from the file that does not have the dwf associated with it?  Can you clear the cache and let us know if the problem still persists.  Also, I was using Windows 7 with IE 8 when I attempted to reproduce the issue.  Maybe there is an OS or browser version difference causing the issue.

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 3

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It turns out that the file associations didn't get set properly after installing design review.  After changing the file association for .dwf and .dwfx to 'Autodesk DWF Application' all is working as it should.

Cheers,

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report