Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization size difference Autocad vs Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cbenner
366 Views, 3 Replies

Visualization size difference Autocad vs Inventor 2013

Hey,

This is a weird one.  My Autocad and Inventor templates are both 34x22.  When I check them into Vault and get the visualizations, the Autocad vis comes out with a much larger margin around it that the Inventor.  About 1 1/2" all around an 11 x 7 sheet.  So when I actually print them off they're much smaller and harder to read.

Why would they not be the same since the CAD borders are both 34 x 22?  Smiley Frustrated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: cbenner

Hi cbenner,

It could be because your page setup in the DWG template is different.  Are you using the same templates for Autocad Drawings as you are with Inventor Drawings?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: r.smith1

No,.. in Inventor we do not use dwg's, but idw's.  Both of them have exactly the same dimensions to the titleblock though.  It's just weird, but we can live with it.  It just seems that the margins on the dwf's are a bit big.

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Ok,... I seem to have figured this one out.  In Autocad Common, the check box "Use Page Settings..." was not checked.  This also explained why some of my older, portrait style drawings were not rotating properly.  Checking this box fixed the issues.

Funny how so many problems come down to one little check box that either is or is not checked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report