Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization files using AutoCAD add-in

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Ron.Seiple
614 Views, 10 Replies

Visualization files using AutoCAD add-in

Is there a way to create visualization files (dwf) that have a different line weight setting than the CAD file that is being checked in? When checking CAD files in I want to be able to keep the original line weight and font thicknesses but would like the dwf file created both inside vault and outside the vault on the server directory to be zero line weight for easier viewing while zooming in to certain areas. My peers that don't have CAD, just design review seem to have large line weights and makes it very difficult to zoom into certain areas of the dwg/dwf file. Thank you for any replies and I apologize for any duplication of prior strings.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Ron.Seiple
in reply to: Ron.Seiple

Anybody out there care to answer. I still have not found an answer or another string with an answer. Is no one else experiencing this problem?
Message 3 of 11

You may set the lineweight for specific colors in ctb file and apply it when creating visualization files. Then those parts with such colors could have the lineweight as you expect in the visualization files.

How to customize the ctb file:
1. In ACAD, go to File->Page Setup Manager.
2. In the right up corner of "Page Steup" dialog, select an existing ctb or creating your own ctb file (see attached snapshot).
3. You can edit the ctb file to set the lineweight as your requirement. e.g., set Lineweight "0.000" mm for Red color. Then save your changes.
4. Go back to "Page Setup" dialog, make sure "Plot with plot styles" and "Plot object lineweights" in "Plot options" section are selected.

How to apply the ctb file when you do dwf publish during check in:
There is a known issue in vault 2009 so that setting the ctb file in "Publish Options.xml" cannot work. We are trying to sovle it in the coming release. Here are two workarounds:
Workaround1:
1) Use ctb file in your drawing (refer to the steps above).
2) Open "Publish Options.xml in "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultCommon".
3) Locate the following node:
<Category xsi:type="ACADCommonPublishOption" ID="DwfOptions.AutoCAD.Common" xmlns="">
<UsePageSettingsFromUserDwg>false </Category>
4) Replace "false" to "true". Note: it is case sensitive.
5) Check in your drawing with dwf publish.

Workaround 2:
1) Launch ACAD and open "Setup.dwg" from "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultCommon". (If you cannot find the file there, copy the one from the location where your ACAD is installed, e.g., "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2009".
2) Use the ctb file in "Setup.dwg" (refer to the steps above).
3) Check in your drawing with DWF publish.

Hope this help to solve your problem.

--

Xiaoguang Wang (Autodesk)

Edited by: xiaoguang.wang@autodesk.com on Jan 20, 2009 12:25 PM Edited by: xiaoguang.wang@autodesk.com on Jan 20, 2009 12:28 PM
Message 4 of 11

P.S. Workaround 2 is recommended when you want to process multiple files since Workaround 1 means you have to edit each drawing, whcih is a painful task.
Message 5 of 11
Ron.Seiple

Thanks Xiaoguang

The only difference is that this is in AutoCAD and Vault 2008. We have updated the DWF6 eplot.pc3 and that seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks again for all your help.
Message 6 of 11
itlogicllc

Hello, it's been a while, but I just found this thread and it is a subject I'm interested in. I have been using the Publish Option.xml file to try and control the publishing. It's just not giving me what I want. My next move was to set that usepagesetup, or whatever it was, and set it to true. Problem is, I have many drawings to publish and I'm not the originator of the drawings. Therefore, I don't know what, if any, the page settings are per drawings.

So, I see the setup.dwg solution you posted. I'm assuming the setup.dwg is some sort of common setting that are used to publish right? So, whatever I set the page setup manager to in that drawing will globally affect all drawings published?

If so, how do I alter the Publish Options.xml? It seems you either used the drawing being published page settings or the XML file. How does it know to use setup.dwg settings? Also, what is the ACE_setup.dwg?
Message 7 of 11

Yes, your pagesetup setting in setup.dwg will affect all the drawings published during check-in.

By right, you should be able to set the options in PublishOption.xml file which will be applied to setup.dwg when we find PublishOptions.xml is newer than setup.dwg. However, due to some known issues, some settings are not working from PublishOptions.xml so that we suggest the workaround by directly setting setup.dwg.

ACE_setup.dwg is used in ACE while setup.dwg is used in ACAD.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Xiaoguang
Message 8 of 11
rsmabery

I have been beating my head against a wall for two days with this PublishOptions.xml file.

Based on this post, I've been able to modify my Setup.dwg and get the dwfs to publish as I would like.

Is there a way to get the Autoloader to respect the settings in Setup.dwg? I have a lot of legacy ACAD dwgs that I am trying to prep for initial load into Productstream.

Thanks,
Randy Mabery
AIP 2009
Productstream 2009
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Randy,

Autoloader used the settings from "TrueViewSetup.dwg" which is located in
it's installed directory. Assuming that you installed the 2009 version,
it's default directory would be "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Data Management
Applications\Autoloader 2009\Inventor 2009".

Regards,
Keng Leng

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 02:48:28 +0800, rsmabery wrote:

> I have been beating my head against a wall for two days with this
> PublishOptions.xml
> file. Based on this post, I've been able to modify my Setup.dwg and get
> the dwfs
> to publish as I would like. Is there a way to get the Autoloader to
> respect the
> settings in Setup.dwg? I have a lot of legacy ACAD dwgs that I am trying
> to prep
> for initial load into Productstream. Thanks, Randy Mabery AIP 2009
> Productstream
> 2009

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Message 10 of 11
rsmabery

Keng,

Thank you. This worked well.

Thanks,

Randy Mabery AIP 2009
Productstream 2009
Message 11 of 11
JBerns
in reply to: rsmabery

Has this been tested for clients that need to check-in drawings that are either CTB or STB plot style controlled?

I know of a few clients that use both plot styles and there is a serious line weight problem for Vault Pro 2012 and 2013.

Regards,

Jerry 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report