Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View files Only with Vault Basic

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
luis_andueza
371 Views, 4 Replies

View files Only with Vault Basic

Hi everyone.

We are using Vault basic with inventor and autocad in our design team. But want someone outside our team could view the files only, he does not need to modify files, just watch drawings and sometimes print them. Is there any client or viewer for that purpose? Is there any other way of doing that?

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Luis José Andueza Castro
Ing. Mecánico - Consultor CAD/CAM/CAE/Data Management
www.dimcad3d.com | LinkedIn |

¿Te resultó útil esta publicación? No dudes en darle Me gusta a esta publicación.
¿Tu pregunta fue respondida exitosamente? Entonces haz clic en el botón ACEPTAR SOLUCIÓN.

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: luis_andueza

Sorry, you will not be able to do this with Vault Basic unless that user has a license CAD product on their system.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: ihayesjr

or you would have to upgrade to Vault pro for the web client feature

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

I know it's on no use, but in 2011 a colleague in the UK had an exe file that was a Vault Browser. From memory it used Apprentice. It showed the entire Vault contents and file structure but had no previews for the files. PDF files were openable.

I still have it and just tried it with out Vault Workgroup 2013 install. It fails.

Unfortunately I think the programmer has passed away so no help there. But it is (or was) possible.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 5 of 5
AlexErman
in reply to: luis_andueza

Hello,

you could also set DWF publish to external folder and share the publish location to the users. It is a work arround, but is used in workshops.

Best regards,

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report