Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault server 2012 upgrade to Vault server 2013

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Rob.O
3966 Views, 22 Replies

Vault server 2012 upgrade to Vault server 2013

Hi All,

I am attempting to upgrade a Win 2008 (64bit) server from Vault server 2012 to Vault Server 2013.  This server has been running Vault Server 2012 for the past 10 months without a single issue.

During the upgrade system rediness check, I am getting the ASPX error below:

ASPX file failed to run at URL:http://localhost:80/TestASP/TestASPNet.aspx

I have completed every troubleshooting step (including re-installing .NET Framework 4) from the Vault Installation help, but still get the error.

Are there any other troubleshoting steps I can take to get the upgrade completed?

If Andy happens to respond to this post... bummer about your Wings! 😞

Thanks!

Rob

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: Rob.O

Hi Rob,

I would try the "re-test" option again.  Sometimes the timing is off and that check fails.  The other solution that I find that resolves the issue is:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0206-Autodesk206/0210-About_Yo210/0211-Vault_In211/...

You would want to the "ASPX Access" section.  Where you run the "aspnet_regiis -i -enable" command.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 23
Rob.O
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Hi Jim,

I have re-tested several times with no luck.  I had also previously completed the steps you provided in the link, but went ahead and did them again (to be sure) and I am still getting the same ASPX error.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 23
minkd

In the IIS mamager, see what Application Pool the Default Web Site is using:

Select the "Sites" node in the left tree.

Select the "Default Web Site" (assuming the AutodeskDM application is underneath that site).

Check the basic settings to see what application pool the site is using - by default it will be the "DefaultAppPool".

Then look at the .NET Framework Version being used by that Application Pool.

Select the "Application Pools" node in the left tree.

For 2013, the .NET Framework Version should be v4.0; For 2012, it should be v2.0.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 23
DarrenP
in reply to: minkd

here is some screen shots:

In the IIS Manager, first click on "Application Pools" and make sure the default pool is set to .NET 4.0, Classic Mode. See attached "iis-0.png".

Then click on the toplevel node on the left (your machine hostname) and double-click on "ISAPI and CGI Restrictions". See attached "iis-1.png".

Make sure ASP.NET is set to "Allowed". See attached "iis-2.png".

Attachments:

iis-1.png 177 KB

iis-0.png 118 KB

iis-2.png 119 KB

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 23
Rob.O
in reply to: DarrenP

The AutodeskDM app was not under the "Default Web Site" but rather another site created by an IT consultant.  It was still pointing to 2.0.  I changed it to 4.0 and all is well!!!

I think I was looking at the wrong "Application Pool" before.

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 23
Rob.O

Ok so only partially fixed. 

Changing the .NET version from 2.0 to 4.0 broke another application that we rely on.  Smiley Surprised

How do I move the AutodeskDM app to be under another web site so I can configure it to use .NET 4.0 independantly of the service that is currently using .NET 2.0? 

Message 8 of 23
minkd

In the Advanced Configuration Guide there is a section called "Installing Autodesk Vault Server 2013 with other web applications using a different .NET version".

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 23
Rob.O

Thanks Dave!

I was able to create the new Application Pool and set it up via the instructions in the Advanced Config Guide (IIS 7), but it is still not working.  Questions...

1) Do I need to re-install Vault Server now in order to get this to work?  Vault server was already installed prior to this change.

2) The AutodeskDM virtual directory was originally created under the ecu site rather than the Default Web Site.  The ecu site uses .NET 2.0.  Will this work?  If not, how do I migrate the AutdeskDM virtual directory to the Default Web Site instead of the ecu site?

See attached screen capture.

Thanks again for your help!

Message 10 of 23
minkd

You should just have to restart IIS to make the settings take affect.

I'm not sure how to move an application from one website to another.  All I can suggest is going thru Microsoft's documentation for the version of IIS you are using.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 23
Rob.O

I think I got it!  All I had to do was change the "Enable 32-Bit Applications" option from "True" to "False" in the AutodeskAppPL application pool.

Now on to my other issue!

Thanks again for your help!

Message 12 of 23
jsauceda98

I am having the same problem minus the other system needing v2.0 of frame works.  I have followed ya'lls steps here and I still can't get Vault to load on our server.  Any other suggestions?

Message 13 of 23
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: jsauceda98

Which pre-check is it failing on?  Unsure if this thread might help you:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/ASP-error/td-p/3445377

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 14 of 23
jsauceda98

It is failing the ASP status. Here is the error message.

Message 15 of 23
JamesMcMullen

What settings do you have here:

ApplicationPools.png

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 16 of 23
jsauceda98

I reset the ASP.NET filters and it started to install.  and now I ran into another problem, any clues on this. 

Message 17 of 23
JamesMcMullen

Message 18 of 23
jsauceda98

That first link fixed my problem thanks for the help.

Message 19 of 23
JamesMcMullen

I am glad to hear that you are up and running 🙂  If you need anything else, feel free to create a new post.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 20 of 23
netasp

Where can we download the Vault Server 2013? Is there a link or something?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report