Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault "Include Children" has no effect

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karthur1
287 Views, 2 Replies

Vault "Include Children" has no effect

Created a new idw of an assembly.  The assembly and all the children are checked out to me.  Now when I check-in the new idw, it wants to check in the assembly and all its children too. When I click the "Settings" button and uncheck the "Include children" box, it has no effect and it still wants to check in the children.

I dont want to check in the assembly or the children.

It only does this when I am adding a new file to vault.  If the file already existed in vault and I check it in, then the include children button works as expected.

Heres a video.

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1
Vault Basic 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
luttena
in reply to: karthur1

Hello Kirk,

The behavior you're seeing is intentional. The reason the child files must be added to the Vault with your drawing (or any parent file) is because the child files are needed to maintain file relationships. If you added the drawing to the Vault with no child files, the integrity of the file is lost. The next time you open the file from Vault, the child files would not be downloaded with it and the file would be useless.

Does that clear it up?

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: luttena

I understand about the relationship.  Just never noticed this before.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report