Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault collaboration and 3ds Max

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
mbaker
1629 Views, 30 Replies

Vault collaboration and 3ds Max

Simple question - can't seem to find any information that 3ds Max has an addin for VC, is that true? I think files can be added manually, however I concerned with an account that needs to deploy 3ds Max and VC 2011 in a full replication configuration. Concern is the 3ds Max and the effect of a manual add to the Vault?

Thanks all

mb

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
ihayesjr
in reply to: mbaker

MB,

Sorry but 3DS Max Vault add-in only works with our base Vault server which you can download through the subscription center.  It is not compatible with Vault Collaboration.

Irvin

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 31
mbaker
in reply to: ihayesjr

HI Irvin,

OK I think? It would seem that we need to do something for 3ds users whose teams are using the Collaboration tools. So only process is the add the 3ds models manually from the Vault Client application? Yes

Mb

Message 4 of 31
ihayesjr

You are correct.  The only solution available for you is to add the files manually with the Vault client application.  I will forward your needs along to see what we can do in the future.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 31
mbaker

Irvin - Thanks that helped...

Mike

Message 6 of 31
ihayesjr

Mike,

Have you downloaded the Vault add-in from the subscription center?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 31
DarrenP

the vault add in for max comes with the max installation not with the vault client add in

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 31
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

see screenshot:

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 31
DarrenP

from the subscription site: Note for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design Users: You must install the Autodesk Vault 2011 Plug-in for 3ds Max 2011 from the 3ds Max or 3ds Max Design 2011 Installation Wizard to make Vault available from within the product.

the max design 2011 install wizard doesn't come the vault 2011 add in as you can see from the screen shot above

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 31
ihayesjr

Mike,

Use Darren's suggestion to get the Vault add-in installed and that add-in should connect to the Collaboration server.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 31
DarrenP

i didn't really suggest anything

there is no vault 2011 add in for Max Design 2011

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 31
DarrenP

installing the Vault 2009 add in fixed this (don't ask how i have no idea why)

Now max is showing the vault 2011 add in now

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 31
hans.martin.haga

Is Vault Collaboration 2012 supported by 3d studio max 2012? To me it looks like 3dsmax only tries to connect using the base Vault client, which will not talk to the VC server.

Message 14 of 31

?

Message 15 of 31
ihayesjr
in reply to: hans.martin.haga

Yes 3DS Max 2012 supports connect to Vault Collaboration 2012.  You need to install the Vault add-in from the 3DS Max disc.  It is accessed through the 3DS Max Asset Manager.

If it is not on the media, you can download it from the Subscription Center.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 31
Bill.Schmid

How about 3ds Max Design 2013 and Vault Pro 2013?  I've got a whole inventor design in the vault that I need to get into max.  We're on subscription.  Is there a chance I can get a link to the add-in, if there is one?

Message 17 of 31
DarrenP
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

you can open from vault in 3ds max

Big M>open>open from vault

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 18 of 31
Bill.Schmid

Open from Vault only works for Max files.  As I said, this is an Inventor file.  I need to Import and there is no import from Vault.

Message 19 of 31
DarrenP
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

in the open from vault dialog box select all files in the drop down menu for files of type

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 20 of 31
DarrenP

nevermind that doesn't seem to check out the file

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report