Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault and SQL Instances

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
209 Views, 1 Reply

Vault and SQL Instances

All software referenced below in 2012.

A little explanation first.

Our Production Vault environment is on Update 1.

Our Development Vault environment is on Update 2.

We want to import a CFG file from the Production Vault environment into the Development environment. However, that cannot happen while the Development Vault is on Update 2.

There are two ways to solve this.

Number 1: Apply Update 2 to the Production Vault environment and then create the CFG file. That would be great except we want to test Update 2 in the Development environment FIRST.

Number 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Vault Servers in the Development Vault environment and then bring that environment up to Update 1. Then create the CFG file and import it into the Development Vault environment.

My question is: since the SQL Instances contain the databases of the Development Vault that were migrated to Update 2, do I need to create brand new SQL Instances or can I just delete the SQL databases and then reinstall Vault.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul.gunn
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You should just be able to delete the databases (and filestores) and do the reinstall.

That said, another option would be to take a backup of the production environment and restore it onto the test. In this case, you wouldn't need to do the reinstall, ect. - the databases would migrate. Possibly you are not going this route due to size of data or some other factor, but did want to point out the option.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report