Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault WG - unsupported by licensed server

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
prasanthpakalapati
360 Views, 2 Replies

Vault WG - unsupported by licensed server

One of my customers is facing the Vault license problem.

We are configuring Vault Work Group 2011 on to a Windows server 2003 R2 Standard Edition. The same server is already serving 75 ACAD 2009 licenses. So we configured on to the older version itself. But we got the error stating Unsupported by licensed server. So we uninstalled the previous Flexlm v11.4 and reinstalled latest flexlm v11.10. Eventhough the error is same. Refer to the attached error.

Pls clarify whether Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard edition will support Vault Work Group?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

You can get the system requirements for Vault 2011 from the following page

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18373196&linkID=9261340.

Regarding the error message please check the following

1. Ensure the License File is NOT expired

2. Ensure you are using the Correct License file.

3. Ensure the Hostname, Ethernet ID are the same as in the License file.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 3

You need to make sure that the servername and ethernet MAC address of the new Vault file match the server settings tab of LMTOOLS as well as the existing header information on the AutoCAD .lic file when you combine them.  If there are any differences, then you need to have your .lic file regenerated.  You can not edit the file, so it will have to be created properly without any typos.  This is likely what happened when the license shows unsupported. 

I recommend getting a new .LIC file from Autodesk Activations or your Reseller. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report