Vault General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
scottmoyse
Message 11 of 15 (88 Views)

Re: Vault User Interface Inconsistencies

05-28-2012 01:10 AM in reply to: scottmoyse

This post highlights inconsistencies with common Vault tools when used with Search Folders:

http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/autodesk-vault-vault-ui-search-folder-issues/

I think this post will get added to as time goes on and I discover more issues surrounding the use of Search Folders.

Cheers
Scott Moyse

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Cheers!

Employee
Senthil-Autodesk
Message 12 of 15 (87 Views)

05-28-2012 01:41 AM in reply to: scottmoyse

Scott,

Thanks for the post. With 2013 release you can get the properties from the Search folder result.

Search.png

Senthil Kumar
Vault QA Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
*Expert Elite*
scottmoyse
Message 13 of 15 (86 Views)

05-28-2012 03:21 AM in reply to: Senthil-Autodesk
Ok I will take a look. Cheers Regards Scott Moyse Sent from my iPhone ##################################################################################### This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal #####################################################################################
Cheers
Scott Moyse

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Cheers!

*Expert Elite*
scottmoyse
Message 14 of 15 (83 Views)

05-28-2012 04:47 AM in reply to: Senthil-Autodesk

Yup that particular issue has been resolve Senthil, thanks for pointing it out. I've updated the blog post to suit. I did notice however, that the Properties command is available in the context menu for folders but not for files.... it should be consistent, although I do acknowledge users are more likely to access folder 'properties' for control security settings than they are with files.

This raising a point though. Why is there a command to access the 'Properties' of files & folders but also the Properties grid for files & folders. This is a conflict in terminology, you soon get used to it, however, for new users, they right click to see Properties on folders, or see properties in the file menu and expect to have a dialogue appear which will allow them to modify UDP's or System properties...

Cheers
Scott Moyse

Employee
Senthil-Autodesk
Message 15 of 15 (75 Views)

05-28-2012 07:50 PM in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply and further information on the UI. I agree with you on the inconsistency part as well as about the "Properties" command. I will forward this to the development team to take a look.

Thanks again!

Senthil Kumar
Vault QA Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community