Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Thin Client 2014; DWG and Internet Explorer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aguitton116
455 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Thin Client 2014; DWG and Internet Explorer

Hi,

I noticed a problem on internet explorer with DWG files. When you have the preview image poped up, first you don't have the DWF icon on the bottom of the preview window, then if you want to download the file it doesn't resolve the real name and extension so you can't directly open it.

The attached files show the problem on the same file (same vault, same user). I know that I can't see the DWF in firefox but at least firefox can download the file properly.

The DWF exists and I don't have the problem with the old webclient (I can open the DWF embedded in IE).

So my questions are :

- is that normal that I can't see the DWF icon in the new thin client ?

- is there any way to have the file downloaded as is should ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
aguitton116
in reply to: aguitton116

Does anyone reproduce this or I'm the only one who can't see autocad DWG in the 2014 Thin Client ?

Message 3 of 6
aguitton116

We noticed that the DWG that have problems don't have anything in the paper tabs, only model. We could open a DWF and download a DWG which has 3 sheets in paper space.
Message 4 of 6
zongjie.ng

Hi Aguitton116,

Could you kindly provide the build number for your Vault Thin Client 2014? (You may look for it under "programs and feature")

I noticed you are using IE8, which is not supported as of now, currently supported IE versions are IE9 and above.

Regardless, I will do some verification and testing on the issue you have reported and see if it can be reproduced on my side.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
aguitton116
in reply to: zongjie.ng

IE8 is supposed to be supported : http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-A32497D4-14D5-4FC9-B1E0-D5033D9462D5 I think the version is 18.100.12.0 but I realised that I didn't configure IE with the settings recommended. I'll ask the user to try that because I'm not anymore on site.
Message 6 of 6
aguitton116

They can't help me for the moment, the computing guy went on holidays for 3 weeks so I'll come back after mine at the end of august.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report