Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Purging and backups ...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mdavis22569
377 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Purging and backups ...

Curious on how often people are: Backing up their Vault(s) ... Our IT is doing full back ups daily (I think it's overkill) and How often do you purge? My work doesn't want to archive ..so our Vault is getting larger and larger each day. (50-100 max new files).. We're running just the basic Vault. Thanks, Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: mdavis22569

Mike,

At my old company thy used to backup daily as well.  Then keep the one backup on Friday for for each of the Fridays for a month, then each month start the cycle over again.

I would venture to guess that if you lost a good chunk if not all of your vault, you would not be thinking this is an over kill.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5

We do a full backup daily of the Vault database and these get included in the full servers (3) backup to tape every night. I haven't purged in a few years mainly because we upgraded from Vault Basic and the free SQL 3 years ago. So now we don't have a dbase limit, only HDD's and backup tapes, which are getting replaced with NFS and incremental (including offsite) soon.

While we had Vault Basic and the free SQL I purged about every 3 months, just to extend how long I could use the free stuff for. But once we upgraded to Workgroup I have not purged.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 4 of 5
swalton

We run Vault Professional with full replication to remote sites.

Each site takes a full backup once a week and a incremetal backup 4 days a week.  We keep one week of these backups.  These backups are made with the Autodesk backup command.

My local site is hosted on VMware.  We take a snapshot of the VMware image with our SAN every 12 hours.  Those snapshots are copied to our offsite location (not one of the Vault remote sites) right after they are taken.  We can go back several weeks with those backups.

We have never purged the Vault.  The filestore is about 230 GB. 

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 5 of 5
mthomas

As we are on Vault Pro we run full backup Saturday evenings and incrementals during the week. All is backed up to disk and then to tape.

We run a weekly Purge, nothing I would deem to agressive though... 10 versions and 120-days. 

Mike

Mike Thomas

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report