Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional 2014 on same working computer

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
yordi.decorte
473 Views, 7 Replies

Vault Professional 2014 on same working computer

Hi,

Is it possible to create the Autodesk Vault on the same working computer but on a 2nd HDD or external HDD and not on a server?

(When I open Vault and login, i want not te be connected to a server but only to my 2nd HDD or external HDD were I can check in/out my files).
Is there information available to configure this?

Kind regards,

Yordi

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
minkd
in reply to: yordi.decorte

You can install the Vault client and the Vault server on the same machine as long as it meets the system requirements (see the readme).  You just can't install more than one version of the Vault server on a given machine.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
yordi.decorte
in reply to: minkd

Thx for your reply Dave!

I have install the Vault client (Autodesk Vault Professional 2014) but when I install the server, he ask me what kind of server I wanna use. I choose for Single License Server and than he ask me for a server.
I my case I don't use a server because the Vault server computer is also my Vault client.

So my question is do I also need the Network License Manager and generate a license file? Or can I just use my computername in the Vault setup on the field Single License Server?

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

@yordi.decorte wrote:

So my question is do I also need the Network License Manager and generate a license file? Or can I just use my computername in the Vault setup on the field Single License Server?

Kind regards,

yes you need to generate a license file for that machine and install the license manager

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
yordi.decorte
in reply to: DarrenP

I have in my notebook LAN and WLAN. Generating the licence file ask for a MAC adres, with one do I need? Most of the time my notebook is connected at WLAN but sometimes also on LAN. What will happens when I don't have a internet connection?

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

the license will be local to that laptop you don't internet to connect to itself

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

i would use the wireless MAC

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
yordi.decorte

Thanks a lot! This makes it clear to me how to set up my vault! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report