Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional 2013 deleting Acad Mech Standards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Winks87
488 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Professional 2013 deleting Acad Mech Standards

Some of the Autocad Mechanical dwgs in our Vault give us errors when checking out.  It asks us to do a recover, the recover command (I assume this is doing it) fixes a bunch of errors and deletes our custom AM Standards?  In the process, it deletes all symbols (like welds) placed in the drawing using these standards.  Has anyone else seen this behavior? 

James Winkler
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Winks87
in reply to: Winks87

Just an update: the following is what alot of drawings (Mech 2013) are spitting out on recovery:

Drawing recovery log.

Validating objects in the handle table.

Valid objects 6177   Invalid objects 0

Validating objects completed.

Salvaged database from drawing.

Reading handle 2CD object type AcAmProject

Error 67 (eDwgObjectImproperlyRead)                       Object discarded

Auditing Header

Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1

Pass 1 2400    objects auditedAcDbMText(3763)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(3765)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(3767)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(3769)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(376B)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(376D)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(376F)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(3771)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(3773)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(3775)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

AcDbMText(377C)      XData Handle Unknown               Null

Pass 1 6100    objects audited

Auditing Entities Pass 2

AcDbDictionary(C)

AUTOCAD_ASSEMBLIES_PROJECT ePermanentlyErased    Delete Entry

Pass 2 6100    objects audited

James Winkler
Message 3 of 6
Winks87

Ok, another update.  This appears to be happening to drawings that are saved back to Autocad Mechanical 2007 format.  The company standard is in the drawing and active, drawing gets checkec into Vault, check it out and the standard is gone completely.  We have to use setup dwg to bring standard back in but unfortunately, all symbols (welds..) are gone as they were created from the standard. 

Autodesk - anything on this?  Has anyone else experienced this?

James Winkler
Message 4 of 6
bmastley

I have been having the same issue recently, as we are in the process of implementing Vault Pro.

Have you determined the root cause?

The work around that I have found is to recover the file then save in 2014 format, which works for internal documents, but since we have to send some files out of the company every once in a while I would like to know a more permant fix to save face.

Message 5 of 6
Winks87
in reply to: bmastley

No, we have not found out what is doing this.  One bit of help though: try doing a hard save (type in "save") just before sending to Vault.  This appears to help with the corruption.

If I hear anything else, I will post it on this link.

James Winkler
Message 6 of 6
bmastley
in reply to: bmastley

I have been playing around a bit with my files with the issues of weld symbols disappearing.
I think I may have found a solution.

I looked at the AM:Standards tab in options and noticed that the files with issues had the standard set to ISO instead of ANSI.
I changed it to ANSI and the files have not had any issues as of yet, however I do not know if this will help with custom standards as in your case.

[cid:image001.png@01CF1135.7D1C0180]

Best Regards,
Brian Mastley
Mechanical Design Drafter

Mayekawa U.S.A., Inc.
130 Smart Park Drive
Lebanon, TN 37090
e-mail: BMastley@mayekawausa.com
phone: 615-773-2859 ext. 6040

[Description: Description: Description: Description: MAYEKAWA.jpg]
[Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image002.png@01CADFDC.7FEC1D20]

This e-mail transmission and any attachments that accompany it may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it was intended to be addressed. Any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other unauthorized use or retention of this communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately reply to the author via e-mail that you received this message by mistake and also permanently delete the original and all copies of this e-mail and any attachments from your computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report