Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional 2012 has problems checking in files through VPN connection

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jweiss1313
435 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Professional 2012 has problems checking in files through VPN connection

I have a user who has been working offsite and connects to our network via VPN connection.  He is able to check files out from Vault, but cannot check files in to Vault.  The files are between 7 and 12 MB Word files.  He gets not error message, Vault just hangs.  Does anyone know what the problem could be here?  Is anyone else having this problem?

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
luttena
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hello John,

I've seen this issue on the discussion forum frequently and it typically ends the same way. Usually the problem occurs because the check in dialog is off of the screen. For example, if your user has 2 monitors at work but 1 at home, the check in dialog may be populating in the off-screen space.

To check this, he can simply select enter (since the OK button is the default) and see if the check in proceeds. Or he can select the Alt+Space bar, choose move from the menu, choose a direction arrow key, and move the cursor to drag it back. This is a Windows method to move dialogs back into the primary screen.

Please let me know if this is the issue,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
jweiss1313

Thanks for your help Adam.  I believe that was the issue my user in the field was experiencing.  I have not heard from him since forwarding your information to him so I'm assuming he is able to check files in again.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 4
luttena

Great! Please let us know if the problem pops-up again.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report